The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you play Tales of Tribute as a standalone game?

netch_a_sketch
netch_a_sketch
✭✭✭✭
I never expected to like it at all but I got hooked and now I'm wishing I could play it without having to boot up ESO lol
Also I have friends who would love this game but they hate MMOs
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    Well of course, I hope it gets there eventually, but for now it's deeply ingrained into ESO, so we'll see what happens with future updates.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there would of course need to be a lot of balance changes etc before it would be suitable for that.
  • Thyenn
    Thyenn
    I think it would be awesome. I have friends who want to play it, but aren't interested in eso, not to mention paying for High isle.

But I suspect it doesn't make sense for ZOS to even consider making it a standalone game until it stops motivating people to buy High isle. After that? Perhaps.
    Edited by Thyenn on July 31, 2022 7:47AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only after Orgnum desk completely removed, of patron re-done to follow the very idea of desk building.
    Right now it is ruining the game. In it's current state - no. Just because of the said Orgnum patron spam.
    PC EU
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! as a matter of fact, it should BE a stand-alone game only. When I play ESO, I am pulling between 260 and 390 watts from the wall. A card game such as this can be played on a smartphone or tablet for 15 watts or less!! No way I am going to run a full-blown gaming PC to play a card game in a game..LOL. That IMHO is not good common sense and wasteful. Personally, this may be a great feature to be made accessible but NOT here.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game and would also play it on my phone!
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    Thyenn wrote: »
    I think it would be awesome. I have friends who want to play it, but aren't interested in eso, not to mention paying for High isle.

So I suspect it doesn't make sense for ZOS to even consider making it a standalone game until it stops motivating people to buy High isle. After that? Perhaps.

Yeah, I came back to the game and bought high isle for ToT...

But high isle itself was actually amazing fun too tho! Mostly because of Ansei that I played the chapter, so in that sense ToT is good for the game.
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Only after Orgnum desk completely removed, of patron re-done to follow the very idea of desk building.
    Right now it is ruining the game. In it's current state - no. Just because of the said Orgnum patron spam.

Please keep the Orgnum ranting to a minimum outside of the excessive amount of Orgnum threads.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol no
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a phone? yes
    On a computer? No
  • kmfdm
    kmfdm
    ✭✭✭
    I surely would. I liked Legends, and this one is even better. Maybe--I hope--they plan to do that, and the deployment in ESO is just the balancing phase.
  • Thyenn
    Thyenn
    Tuonra2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I came back to the game and bought high isle for ToT...

That's my case as well :D and High Isle turned out to be great fun.
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    Yes! as a matter of fact, it should BE a stand-alone game only. When I play ESO, I am pulling between 260 and 390 watts from the wall. A card game such as this can be played on a smartphone or tablet for 15 watts or less!! No way I am going to run a full-blown gaming PC to play a card game in a game..LOL. That IMHO is not good common sense and wasteful. Personally, this may be a great feature to be made accessible but NOT here.

Idk if it helps, but I queue from my house ingame. still have to turn the fans up to play a card fame and a youtube vid which is excessive af.
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭
    I would love for there to be a companion app allowing us to play ToT on our phones or tablets. I imagine you would still need to purchase the high isle chapter to have access to it, as well as only being able to play decks or card upgrades that you've earned in-game. But being able to complete dailies and climb the pvp rankings during my lunch break at work would be pretty awesome. :blush:
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    Of course I would, but, as it is, I would only like to see it playable on mobile devices/another client if my rewards still translate to ESO proper.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Tyhar
    Tyhar
    ✭✭
    I would... if it wasnt so simplistic and rng. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2022 2:15PM