The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New menu options for Alliance War Guilds?

Duke_Falcon
Duke_Falcon
✭✭✭
A Third text chat option would be very useful for guilds that participate in the Cyrodiil game play. Currently we have the Officers Chat and the Normal Guild chat and the Zone chat. Often if not always the Zone chat is compromised by Streamers or people trying to hurt the alliance they are on by sharing information with enemy alliances. It really defeats zone chat communications for your alliance. I've made the officer chat available for all people in my guild that also are playing on the same alliance in Cyrodil so they can communicate in a chat that is not compromised, and it works very well, however I've lost the ability for officers in the guild to have a space to communicate privately about leading the guild. An obvious solution would be to allow guilds 3 different text chat options. Normal Chat. Alliance War Chat. Officer Chat.

I also believe it would be beneficial to allow ranks to be able to kick members from higher ranks. Which on the surface seems like a bad idea, however let me explain my reasoning. I participate in a chat room where everyone in the chat has the ability to disband the chat, it using an AP call LINE. My experience in the chat has been that toxic people who cause trouble get kicked and no one invites them back because they are toxic. On 2 occasions someone disbanded the entire chat, however what happened is that the chat room reformed with the exception of the person who disbanded that, no one would invite them back. What I observed was a community of people who began to look out for the good of the community as a whole, which was and is awesome. It made for a stronger chat room and organically punished bad behavior by allowing everyone to hold everyone else accountable for individual actions.