The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wayrest Sewers I, 2nd door bugged.

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously how long has this thing been bugged???
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill all the mobs in the dungeon and you won't be stuck in combat and unable to use the door. Many people miss the 3 crocodiles in the first mob section that get stuck under the grates in a perpetual state of combat with players.

The real bug is being stuck in combat for a near eternity with mobs that never de-aggro regardless of the distance or time that they are unable to hit you.

The door itself is just operating by the rules. The rules are broken in dungeons where mobs simply can't path to you for a variety of reasons, many beyond your control such as getting stuck in terrain.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's already a topic made about this issue, it's not a bug on the door but on the first crocodile that you can agro through the grate when you fight the skeevers, he remains stuck in combat with you even if you go far away enough, u just have to stand still for the game to force you out of combat.

you can avoid it by either killing those crocs, or moving fast out of the first room so you don't stay in range of the croc long enough for u to agro it, but in a pug random this won't happen often enough
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I crouch down, and get full stealth, and no combat indicators, the door should be openable. Period. Anything else is a bug in my book.
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    If I crouch down, and get full stealth, and no combat indicators, the door should be openable. Period. Anything else is a bug in my book.

But you won't get "full stealth" - you're in combat, hence you can't open the door. There is no - and never was - a bug with that particular door.

You can crouch all you want - the crocodiles are still aggroed and they're still trying to attack you for a while. Your options are to just stand by the door, patiently or go back and kill the crocodiles (which will take longer because running).

Though, of course, best course of action is to kill all enemies you pull.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I'm not. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. I get it...go back to the area's we rushed through and kill everything...I get it. Shouldn't have to though. It's the age old "I'm in combat even though I'm miles away" thing. It's just odd that it's usually this door, in this dungeon.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skvysh wrote: »
    You can crouch all you want - the crocodiles are still aggroed and they're still trying to attack you for a while. Your options are to just stand by the door, patiently or go back and kill the crocodiles (which will take longer because running).
    I mentioned this a while ago in another topic that they sometimes bug out into the wall and become impossible to hit (even with AoEs).
    Skvysh wrote: »
    Though, of course, best course of action is to kill all enemies you pull.
    I'd say this is the overall best bet. I don't mind skipping stuff as long as it is defininetly not going to aggro. But if it does aggro or has a high chance to aggro, just kill it. While doing random dungeons, if I get Wayrest, I typically jump into the water just to kill them and then rejoin the group as they're killing first boss. Not taking any chances. :smiley:

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    ]I mentioned this a while ago in another topic that they sometimes bug out into the wall and become impossible to hit (even with AoEs).

There are several examples of enemies getting stuck in walls - some semi-fixed positions (like CoS you mentioned or some skeletons between first and second boss in Direfrost). Various mages in WS also like to just move through walls and shoot at you without even having line of sight and I'm honestly surprised none of them have stuck there yet.

It mostly seems to be an issue with older dungeon, and whenever they try to fix something, it backfires - there was an archer in Tempest Island that would just be hidden behind some tents and would take a while to get to you, but then they put up an actual wall without ever mentioning it in patch notes, put up some invisible wall to prevent people from accidentally zapping through it and then put the archer behind the invisible wall, making it completely untargetable. The archer would be aggroed with no way to get to it (trying to open with chains wouldn't work because it's just not targetable) and it took them 6 months to finally fix it.
    It's the age old "I'm in combat even though I'm miles away" thing.

It's this dumb system where, even though you're not actively in combat with those crocodiles anymore, you're still fighting other enemies, resetting the, well, combat reset timer. It's why RoM is so awful if you miss something before getting to the whole calendar thing - you're not NOT fighting enemies for long enough between waves of elders getting killed and new enemies coming out, so you're just stuck in combat the entire time.
    It's just odd that it's usually this door, in this dungeon.

That's because there aren't that many dungeons where you have doors like that with enemies that you can potentially skip. It's also quite common to see it in VoM (last door), occasionally in CoH2 (portal) and even WS2 (skeletons in the same area as crocodiles preventing you from going through the same door). Other dungeons have more user-friendly timers on when you can interact with some doors, despite being in combat - last door in CoS, doors in RoM, BDR.

One notable exception is WGT, where there's an actual bug that prevents you from progressing because enemies don't spawn.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's that one pesky crocodile. I hate him
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, a detail left out, I was the only one that had the issue. I left the dungeon, and came back even....twice.