The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Refreshing Path causing terrible lag...

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth are they (the devs) not even acknowledging this game breaker??????? I mean... it's ridiculous how bad it is.

If you guys are on playstation... what say we go to Cyrodiil and advertize this issue together?
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we needa all spam refreshing path in the main hubs until more people complain? I know of this issue too and I am not alone in this. Pretty much all raid players and a lot of dungeon players know about this too. So dunno how many tickets zenimax needa have ignored by now to still stay ignorant of the issue.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until streamers highlight this issue, it will not be acknowledged. And streamers are all meta heads pretty much, and since nightblade tanks and healers are outlawed by them in their groups then nothing will be done. ZoS can’t want diversity in builds… this last patch basically forced everyone into the same two sets in the exact same setup… 2H and DW regardless of stam or mag… it’s nuts… but that is what happens when you get an echo chamber… and all other issues like this one are now ignored…

• uberswe
    uberswe
    Soul Shriven
    I am experiencing this issue too, took me a while to realize it is specifically the Refreshing Path morph. I was using my Nightblade healer and it was working really well and I was having a lot of fun but it was always a bit laggy in trials. While progging Rockgrove HM it got really bad and our raid group decided to test the skill on a hunch and it really was Refreshing Path causing the issues.

Now I switched to Templar, Refreshing Path is one of the things that made Nightblade healer so viable.

In addition to filing bug reports in-game on how to reproduce the issue I also made a video demonstrating the clear difference here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEAji3_oYM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    uberswe wrote: »
    I am experiencing this issue too, took me a while to realize it is specifically the Refreshing Path morph. I was using my Nightblade healer and it was working really well and I was having a lot of fun but it was always a bit laggy in trials. While progging Rockgrove HM it got really bad and our raid group decided to test the skill on a hunch and it really was Refreshing Path causing the issues.

Now I switched to Templar, Refreshing Path is one of the things that made Nightblade healer so viable.

In addition to filing bug reports in-game on how to reproduce the issue I also made a video demonstrating the clear difference here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEAji3_oYM

Thanks for the video!

I will add that the other morph is still causing problems on PC too. I thought it was something with my hardware, since we had no NB running Refreshing Path, but I asked if anyone was running Twisting, and someone was. They stopped using it and immediately fps returned to normal, which lasted for the rest of the trial. That’s been my experience with both morphs.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptscotty wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Not just a PS problem - experiencing it all over PC-NA. In two different groups of mine, with 10/12 different people (there are only myself and my partner in common, and neither of us is on a blade), nightblade healers and dps using this skill cause people's frames to drop, sometimes into the 20s from 60+.

Worse, it's not a steady 20-something but extremely jittery, which makes the experience terrible for people with motion sickness.

This has been going on for months. Please find a fix.

Jittery? Sounds like a v-sync problem that could be fixed on your end to remove the jitter. Look up MSI Afterburner and run that with a timeline graph of your FPS and Frametime. Share the screen shot of the "jitter". Guessing it follows a digital graph pattern with the floor being close to 30fps.

NO its something else.. its started during or around that event where we were faming the harrowstorms hard few months ago.. a bunch would hit those buffs and everyone would nearly freeze up for 5+ secs. It still has those effects just not as pronounced as at that event with so many people!
  • uberswe
    uberswe
    Soul Shriven
    uberswe wrote: »

Thanks for the video!

I will add that the other morph is still causing problems on PC too. I thought it was something with my hardware, since we had no NB running Refreshing Path, but I asked if anyone was running Twisting, and someone was. They stopped using it and immediately fps returned to normal, which lasted for the rest of the trial. That’s been my experience with both morphs.

Ah ok, I was unable to reproduce the issue when using the other morph out in the world. I have not tested it in trials.
  • uberswe
    uberswe
    Soul Shriven

I did the same test on the PTS again now and it seems to be fixed with that update.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now we can reopen the idea of playing a nightblade healer. Years ago I didn't see the point, but a lot has changed since then.

That said, some of the changes have been for the worse, in that skills used to be good for damage and healing both, and now the separation is stricter. So I'm skeptical, at least for dungeon cases (which is what I care about).
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 10, 2022 8:41PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just came here to report that Refreshing Path is still causing massive fps drops around dolmens. it goes all the way down to 1fps and stutters like crazy.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I just came here to report that Refreshing Path is still causing massive fps drops around dolmens. it goes all the way down to 1fps and stutters like crazy.

It will be fixed next update, which is scheduled on PC/Mac for November 1.
  • Everaen
    Everaen
    ✭✭✭
    I reported this a while ago too. I had always used the DPS morph, but started tinkering with Refreshing Path.

Just to see green numbers pop up for fun, I hit a group of random players standing in front of the bank in Vivec, and my screen refresh rate tore to shreds.

I feel like I experience more lag like that from AoE abilities in general since one of the recent updates, but that was the worst I've seen.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an update on where this stands, please?