Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vampire drain ability...

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
Why did they remove the stun from this and/or it's morphs??
as if it wasnt underused already im pretty sure it is used by no one these days....
it was a great 1v1 ability with a decent comeback potential in a fight but wasnt super op as anyone or your self after breaking free could interrupt and take all of that back.....
so why the nerf?? WTF
with the damage over time changes this skill just becomes that much more useless so the least they could to is put the stun back on and maybe even buff the skills damage idk
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that skill just needs a re-work. It’s bad at everything.

If you’re low enough health that it would be decent healing, a normal heal skill or shield would be way better since this won’t save you. If you’re not, the heal is negligible. The damage is always negligible.

Just looking at tooltips, if I was at 0 health (impossible but it means this is the most it can ever heal) it would in 1 GCD deal 4.2k damage and heal me 5.5k health. My Puncturing Sweeps would deal 25.1k damage and heal me for 7.2k health against a single target in that same GCD but could also AoE. Yes Sweeps is probably the best spammable right now but not SO good that it’s the only viable one for Magicka Templars. But it fills the same niche as Drain. A DPS skill with a healing rider.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dislike that it is a long channel that you have to hold, it would be better if it was just a tether you attach to the target, and with the current balance of the set, i dont think it would be that overpowered
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wanted to make it a healing ability, but didn't have the foresight to realize that channel + missing health heal = a really bad idea.

I actually do still use it, but only because I learned the hidden nuisances of it. Drain Vigor restores stamina, but what it doesn't tell you is the heal actually scales up from healing done buffs. Means Drain Vigor's heal scales off healing recieved and healing done!

Exhilarating Drain has no scaling, but if you use it with a weapon with the trait that gives more ultimate it's pretty good. Combined with the buff from light/heavy attacking you can build up ultimate pretty quickly and the heal is boosted by healing recieved buffs, but healing done buffs do nothing.

Drain Vigor is for tanks, and Exhilarating Drain is for quick ultimate generation. That's all Drain is good for these days. If you have no need for either thing then it's not worth the bar space
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Palumtra
    Palumtra
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least it needs a base heal, the ultimate generation also fells pretty lackluster considering you can generate more by spamming light attacks....about status effects...well it could use a slow or a root at least.
    Either that, or rework it into a ranged damage ability that has a huge heal ratio.
    PCEU - Tank main
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palumtra wrote: »
    the ultimate generation also fells pretty lackluster considering you can generate more by spamming light attacks..

Agreed on the base heal as the Pale Order Ring gives it one and it helps a tad, but the buff from light/heavy attacking actually stacks with this power.

Light/heavy attack and for 8 seconds you get 3 ultimate a second. Can effectively almost triple the ultimate generation with the channel.... if you don't get stunned/interrupted.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Agreed on the base heal as the Pale Order Ring gives it one and it helps a tad, but the buff from light/heavy attacking actually stacks with this power.
    I honestly feel like the Pale Order ring effect should somehow be integrated into the base Vampire skillset, either as a flat passive, as one of the Stage effects, or maybe as a while-slotted effect for one of the abilities. Perhaps not as powerful as the Ring itself, and with a less punishing drawback.
    Edited by Spectral_Force on July 31, 2022 9:56AM
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!