Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LSAO and SSGI bug

cptscotty
cptscotty
✭✭✭
Ever since I have been testing LSAO and LSAO+(SSGI) in ESO there has been a bug with the implementation. The bug is awkward shading between two points of an object or objects. It is extremely noticeable when those objects are moving, such as your character and a staff. Here is a screenshot comparison between LSAO and SSAO (the only working AO in ESO).

lyyh9qqd49yb.jpg

As you can see there is dark shading between the staff and the body or between the legs of the character further ahead. You can imagine how noticeable this is when you are moving and the staff is bouncing around. Same thing with other objects as well. SSAO/HBAO is the only one this is not noticeable on...but HBAO is not noticeable because it just doesnt have shading at all...its why the grass looks so bright when you use it...no shading. HBAO has been broken for years making SSAO the only working AO for ESO.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know what all those acronyms mean but I have seen this on console after the HDR changes. Even the area between the character’s arms and body and perhaps the legs too, can’t remember for sure, has this dark shadowy area.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA