The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ritual of Retribution Question

Sealish
Sealish
✭✭✭✭
So something that confuses me whenever I read up on builds and stuff. Why do no Templar DPS builds seem to include Ritual of Retribution?

It looks on paper to be the highest damage single button press that a templar can do (outside ultimates), and it has a huge area.
What am I missing?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to be on builds, not sure if it has been removed recently ni use it on my stamplar, you just have to make sure you dont refresh it early

Edit - just had a quick look, alcasts jabsmania still has it on backbar

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-templar-build-pve/#content5
    Edited by fizl101 on July 27, 2022 5:59AM
    Soupy twist
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i preferred ritual of retribution before they removed the healing component lol

and from what ive seen ritual of retribution is taking a pretty hefty nerfhammer on PTS
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still does great damage. I would speculate it's because it is an expensive skill and there are cheaper options that perform just as well, especially with the difficulty that single resource builds (specifically Magicka) have had sustaining during this patch. I include it in my Stamina and Magicka Templar builds, so, there is that. Even with the healing being taken away from Retribution, I think the synergy is invaluable, but that's just my opinion.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    it is great but due to cost it isnt super useful to most
    great for short healing rotations in my limited experience makes my character look like they are channeling some little healing dance
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok. Yeah, I could see cost being an issue for single resource builds that have nothing in sustain. Since I usually heal, when I DO dabble into DPS the cost is negligible. I guess if using it forces you to need to heavy attack once more than you would otherwise need to, the extra damage you get from it being the strongest DoT (AoE or ST) in your kit is negated.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both ritual morphs proc Plaguebreak in pvp and is a huge pain when noobs spam it off builds meant for solo or pve.
    Not only does it cover offensive synergies with its massive area but it also leaves no counterplay when essentially you die because of some other noob killing you in a ram, breech or narrow keep. They should really consider having the riyual of retribution offer no cleanse.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i preferred ritual of retribution before they removed the healing component lol

and from what ive seen ritual of retribution is taking a pretty hefty nerfhammer on PTS

The problem on PTS right now is they never reverted it after reverting all other ground-based DoTs. They seem to have forgotten it for the second week in a row.

It's like they forgot it was a ground-based DoT... or just forgot templars in general.