The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Audio

bsakelley
bsakelley
No audio will play no matter what I do. Not even sound I know that the speakers in my computer work I tested it. In game however nothing is working no audio I tried messing with the audio settings log gin out logging back in etc and still nothin
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the Repair feature in the Launcher under Game Oprions?

Try to change:

Settings > Audio > Output > [eng] Play in Background ON
    (Off by default I think)

Just worth checking in settings file if Sound is set ON.
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt

From my file the relevant part;
    SET SOUND_ENABLED "1"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_VOLUME "50.00000000"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_ENABLED "1"
    SET SPEAKER_SETUP "0"
    SET BACKGROUND_AUDIO "0"
    SET VO_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET VO_ENABLED "1"
    SET UI_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET UI_ENABLED "1"
    SET AMBIENT_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET AMBIENT_ENABLED "1"
    SET SFX_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET SFX_ENABLED "1"
    SET MUSIC_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET MUSIC_ENABLED "1"
    SET AUDIO_VOLUME "100.00000000"
    SET AUDIO_ENABLED "1"

In the Beta forum Known Issues it had:
    No Audio in ESO on Mac

We need you to reply with your hardware specs if you are having this issue. Also, please specify if you have any audio recording equipment hooked up to your Mac, and what it is.

Best to submit a /bug in-game and also raise a Ticket via Support.
  • Asone28
    Asone28
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem and there is another thread. Go to the Launcher, under News is Game Options. Use Repair. Took an hour or so but this fixes the in game sound.

I tried the above in User Settings and it didnt work.
    Edited by Asone28 on March 30, 2014 2:45PM
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    Thank You!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asone28 wrote: »
    I had this problem and there is another thread. Go to the Launcher, under News is Game Options. Use Repair. Took an hour or so but this fixes the in game sound.

I tried the above in User Settings and it didnt work.
    Thanks for the info. A repair is the first option as I posted. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to verify but will download any missing or replacement files so can take longer as you note (depends on connection)

UserSettings.txt generally don't work for the Mac as it seems to control stuff from the client. But at least it shows the current setting.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 2:55PM
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    I just tried the repair function and it didn't do anything I have audio as the game starts up but then nothing in the actual gameplay
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    bsakelley wrote: »
    I just tried the repair function and it didn't do anything I have audio as the game starts up but then nothing in the actual gameplay
    This sounds very much then that the audio files are corrupted.

Instead of a full reinstall you could try moving the Audio data folder to the Desktop and letting it Repair to replace those files. It's about 5.67GB
    Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/vo_en

Think otherwise a delete and fresh install is the way to go.

make sure you get that Ticket with Support. They may have other advice too.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 3:18PM
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    I just started the fres install and if that doesnt work ill get that ticket for support thanks!!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just started the fres install and if that doesnt work ill get that ticket for support thanks!!
    Fingers crossed! I suggest to also move out the live folder so it has new settings.
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it is quite an issue with PC client also from looking at this thread.
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    So I just finished the fresh install and still no audio at all in game. How to I send a help ticket?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just finished the fresh install and still no audio at all in game. How to I send a help ticket?
    Sorry to hear you still have the issue. I suspect it is related to the PC users also have on the thread I linked.

To make a support ticket go here and Click Support or Phone.

The other thing to try on your mac is to reset the PRAM and SMC, See Apples kb pages here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Good luck.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 8:10PM
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was moving the game from a windows disk, where I had it installed due to space issues, to the startup disk Applications folder and then repairing permissions. After that sound started playing again, just thought I'd share what worked for me.. :smile:
    Edited by Corew on April 1, 2014 6:46PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was moving the game from a windows disk, where I had it installed due to space issues, to the startup disk Applications folder and then repairing permissions. After that sound started playing again, just thought I'd share what worked for me.. :smile:
    Being able to install another version like that is nice option if you have it. Most likely it is corruption issue in the audio files.

Glad you got it sorted.
  • bsakelley
    bsakelley
    well the audio still doesn't work and now I have to pay monthly to use the game so Im not going to pay until I know the audio works
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    well the audio still doesn't work and now I have to pay monthly to use the game so Im not going to pay until I know the audio works
    Have you tried all the things on this thread? In most cases running the Repair once or several times resolves it.