The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Set that should proc - Storm-Cursed's Revenge Set - but don't

Asdara
Asdara
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello there!
Upon further testing on live and PTS, there's a huge issue with this set.
Most of the set i've tested that deal shock dmg, never proc this set.
The tooltip says : "When you deal Shock Damage, you have a 15% chance to deal 433 Shock Damage to the enemy and up to two other enemies within 5 meters.
This effect scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage."
Set that don't proc this set (but should as they deal shock damage) :
  • Monster Set : Ilambris
  • Monster Set : Kargaeda
  • Monster Set : Lady Malygda
  • Monster Set : Stormfist
  • Auroran's Thunder Set
  • Mad Tinkerer Set
  • Thunder Caller Set
  • Thunderbug's Carapace Set
  • Storm Knight's Plate Set

I'm probably the last man on earth to run this set, but i think it's not working as intended and should be fixed since the proc rate is already so low (and let's not include the update 35 that's gonna reduce proc rate even more.)

@ZOS_Kevin If you could please pass this on to the dev team to investigate. Thank you very much.
Edited by Asdara on July 26, 2022 2:10PM
Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
2: Spellcrafting.
3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
4: Summon weapon.
5: Change the Housing item limit.
6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that sets are not supposed to proc other sets.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I was under the impression that sets are not supposed to proc other sets.

In general, they precise it, like "Burning Spellweave" : "When you deal damage with a Flame Damage ability, you apply x "
    Here either the tooltip is wrong, or the proc doesn't work.
    In both case it need a fix.
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets shouldn't proc other sets.

There are some that creep through. It looks like Overwhelming is that set in this scenario, as not even that should.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

There are some that creep through. It looks like Overwhelming is that set in this scenario, as not even that should.

If this is what's intended, tooltip should be changed to : "When you deal Damage with a shock Damage ability, you have a 15% chance to deal 433 Shock Damage to the enemy and up to two other enemies within 5 meters."

I think this set is so niche it should proc with other set, that would explain the cd on it and the low proc chance.
    If nothing proc it outside of Elemental blockade with shock staff or 2 spell with sorc, it doesn't make much sens.

Also for record, many set proc other set.
    I remember Bahraha's Curse procing with grothgarr for example.

Edited by Asdara on July 26, 2022 12:02PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »

If this is what's intended, tooltip should be changed to : "When you deal Damage with a shock Damage ability, you have a 15% chance to deal 433 Shock Damage to the enemy and up to two other enemies within 5 meters."

I think this set is so niche it should proc with other set, that would explain the cd on it and the low proc chance.
    If nothing proc it outside of Elemental blockade with shock staff or 2 spell with sorc, it doesn't make much sens.

Also for record, many set proc other set.
    I remember Bahraha's Curse procing with grothgarr for example.

Yeh, some sets still do proc others, but I think they just went under the radar. Not saying I agree or disagree, just that's what ZOS intends for procs to work.

The tooltip should be updated, as procs not proccing procs is not knowledge you'll find in the game AFAIK.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeh, some sets still do proc others, but I think they just went under the radar. Not saying I agree or disagree, just that's what ZOS intends for procs to work.

The tooltip should be updated, as procs not proccing procs is not knowledge you'll find in the game AFAIK.

@Brrrofski For my personal knowledge, do you have that statement from ZOS that specify that set shoudnt proc set?
    It's a shame if that's the case, this set is already a meme but and if they dont change its never going to be used ever x)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »

@Brrrofski For my personal knowledge, do you have that statement from ZOS that specify that set shoudnt proc set?
    It's a shame if that's the case, this set is already a meme but and if they dont change its never going to be used ever x)

Honestly mate, that was like 2 years ago now probably. Don't remember which patch it even was.

Not sure how to even find it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even earlier this year i think with ascending tide they cracked down on this a bit more

if you wore leeching plate and bahraha curse, leeching used to be able to proc bahraha but i dont think it can anymore

the ascending tide update i think even stopped other stuff like enchantments from procing stuff like encratis

so in your example with burning spellweave, it says fire dmg to proc it, but a fire enchantment wont work to proc it, because enchantments are also considered procs

sorc would definitely be able to get the most use out of this proc as they have 2 additional class skills that could be used in addition to destro staff skills

but gear/enchant procs not procing other procs is a thing for sure
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014