The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ansei Frandar Hunding: cards need to actually show what they do

Thyenn
Thyenn
I'd like to begin with saying that I love playing ToT. I think it's a lot of fun.

That being said, it's kinda ridiculous that initially, before you remember the cards, you have to mouse over every single Hunding card to be able to tell what its effect can be. It's necessary to add symbols to the cards that clearly show what they do.

All other cards in the game you can tell their effect just by looking at them. I've no idea why someone at ZOS though this shouldn't be the case for Hunding cards.

erktsr28e6e2.jpg
Edited by Thyenn on July 26, 2022 4:52AM
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EaSY pEaSY, MemOrIzE tHeM!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you hover over the card it should explain the choices, after using the deck enough pretty easy to learn

the options for basically all hunding cards is usually the following
    1. gain power
    2. choose a card from tavern (value of the card you can pick varies)
    3. return X cards from your cooldown to top of your deck

option 1 is very common, and most commonly paired with option 2

there are a couple though that have option 1 and 3 or option 2 and 3
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thyenn
    Thyenn
    Yes, ofcourse you can view them by hovering over the card, but that's precisely the point - you shouldn't have to do that.
    You shouldn't have to memorize cards. No other patrons is graphically designed like that.
  • Ginge
    Ginge
    if you hover over the card it should explain the choices, after using the deck enough pretty easy to learn

1. gain power

Hovering with a controller is a bit of a pain and takes valuable time away
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginge wrote: »

1. gain power

Hovering with a controller is a bit of a pain and takes valuable time away

i can see that, especially if your doing timed pvp matches (tribute games against npcs you have infinite time per turn, so its a non issue)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this completely. It is the only deck where you can't tell what a card does by glancing at the card face, and it irritates me every time I use the deck. Terrible graphic design choice, both in terms of the icon not clearly indicating card use, and also the icon itself looking almost identical to the "draw a card from the tavern up to x value" icon used in the Hlaalu deck.

mj5hvm7ixvau.png

And it really wouldn't take much to fix it. This took me 5-10 minutes in Photoshop with screenshots from the game. An intern with access to the original art files could fix the whole deck in an hour.

yjiw3z4jqqsf.png

• Thyenn
    Thyenn
    That actually doesn't look bad at all 👍
    I hope ZoS will be able to find that 1 hour of time in some graphic designer's schedule to do something like this.
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    yjiw3z4jqqsf.png