Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to rewatch the opening sequence?

Willow
Willow
✭✭✭
I used search but cannot find the answer? I would like to watch the opening again. Is there a way without watching it on youtube?
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    I don't think there is (yet). All you could do is create another character and the game shows you the intro again.

Or you can navigate trough the folders of the game: The Elder Scrolls Online (if you're in Europe: The Elder Scrolls Online EU) - Depot - Video's. And open that file in a .bik file player.

Hope this helps
    "What is better... to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cayce_of_Kata on March 30, 2014 2:37PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should reply each time you log on. Just hit any key to skip.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• refelian
    refelian
    Thanks for the suggestions - I've been looking for this also!
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    Willow wrote: »
    I used search but cannot find the answer? I would like to watch the opening again. Is there a way without watching it on youtube?

@Cayce_of_Kata‌
    The question was "...without watching it on youtube?"
    "What is better... to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    @TyarVaroo‌
    Sorry, I totally missed that bit.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for trying to help though.
  • Vilixiti
    Vilixiti
    ✭✭✭
    OKOK I got it.. the opening cinematic is a .bik file and can be played with a BIK player.

BIK player: http://www.softsea.com/download/BIK-Player.html
    and opening cinematic is in (for me) C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\Video

I just did it since I missed the opening myself by skipping it and no longer have the option of playing it.
  • FoxsterUK
    FoxsterUK
    Don't know if it works because cant login due to offline maintenance, but found this

go to \\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live

Open Usersettings and change the below line to 1???

SET SkipPregameVideos "1"
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I believe the line after the SkipPregameVideos needs to be changed to see the video again:
    SET HasPlayedPregameVideo "0"
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    It did not even show for me,
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."