The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax, please, relocate suite pips onto the left edge of cards.

DinoZavr
DinoZavr
✭✭✭✭✭
hDkLfje.png
PC EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see that, too, especially with how similar the color of the Pelin and Rajhin cards are.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What difference would it make?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

We could see what deck the card belongs to without having to choose the card to bring it forward. The Pelin and Rajhin decks are very similarly colored and hard to tell apart so this would help with that.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could make it so the side without the pip is covered instead!
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We could see what deck the card belongs to without having to choose the card to bring it forward. The Pelin and Rajhin decks are very similarly colored and hard to tell apart so this would help with that.

Ahhh. Seems like a good change then
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparta,

SilverBride has already explained why.
    Placing pips on the left cards' side allows to see the suits (as cards overlap each other)
    Like this:
    T2ifTaf.jpg
    Imagine suits were in the upper right corner (not the upper left one), would we see them?
    Similarly we can see only Crows suit pictogram on the initial picture, but not Ansei ones.
    PC EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be as big a deal if the colors of the decks were all noticably different. It's very easy to tell the green Ansei cards from the purple Crow cards. But the red of the Pelin cards is very similar to the reddish brown of the Rajhin cards.
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No need to change the symbol side as we ALL can tell what card it is by their color.

The ONLY issue here is the similar colors for Pelin and Rajhin.

We don't need to see ANY symbols to know GREEN is Ansei, PURPLE is Crow, YELLOW is Hlaalu, BLUE is Psijic, BLACK is Eagle and TURQUOISE is Orgnum.

Do we look at the crow symbol to know it's the crow deck? No, we look at the color.
    Do we look at the Redguard symbol to know it's Ansei's deck? No, we look at the color.

In fact, I'm positive 95% of players can't tell what half of the symbols are.

So the issue is not the symbol, it's that Pelin and Rajhin colors are similar.

Symbol on the right side is OK, just change Pelin or Rajhin color/tone.

Edited by Dragonnord on July 25, 2022 3:39PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Sparta,

SilverBride has already explained why.
    Placing pips on the left cards' side allows to see the suits (as cards overlap each other)
    Like this:
    T2ifTaf.jpg
    Imagine suits were in the upper right corner (not the upper left one), would we see them?
    Similarly we can see only Crows suit pictogram on the initial picture, but not Ansei ones.

Poker cards are all white dude. That's why the symbol is on the left.

Here decks have different colors, no need to change the symbol, only change Pelini or Rahjin colors so they don't look that similar.

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dragonnord in pre-U34 Rich's interview he said there were TWELVE different desks in development.
    It is quite logical we will see more desks introduced somewhen later. And the number of easily distinguished colors is not that huge. Also: colorblind players.
    So, in my understanding a simple relocation of a suite pip onto the left side is a good and scaleable desicion.
    This won't costs developers hours of hard work.
    PC EU
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dragonnord in pre-U34 Rich's interview he said there were TWELVE different desks in development.
    It is quite logical we will see more desks introduced somewhen later. And the number of easily distinguished colors is not that huge. Also: colorblind players.
    So, in my understanding a simple relocation of a suite pip onto the left side is a good and scaleable desicion.

That's a different and more valid reason than the ones montioned above.

If that happenes, then ZOS should find a better way to differentiate decks, I agree.

Just saying that, currently, the issue is Pelins/Rajhin colors, not the symbol.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

That's a different and more valid reason than the ones montioned above.

If that happenes, then ZOS should find a better way to differentiate decks, I agree.

Just saying that, currently, the issue is Pelins/Rajhin colors, not the symbol.

I mentioned the colors of the Pelin and Rajhin decks as the main reason for wanting this change. I hope they will try to make the colors more distinguishable in the future, but moving the pip would be a great help.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 25, 2022 6:04PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think even if these are the only ones that we ever get it should be one the left, now that it's explained to me.

Relying only on color differences creates a problem for color-blind players. It doesn't have to be similar colors either for that to cause problems...

ETA:

For example, someone with color-blindness wouldn't see the 12.

5gpu9owr1dng.png

So, they might have trouble telling the Ansei from the Rahjiin cards.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 25, 2022 6:24PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spartaxoxo

Good point and even more reason that this change would be beneficial.
    PCNA
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭

No need to change the symbol side as we ALL can tell what card it is by their color.

We don't need to see ANY symbols to know GREEN is Ansei, PURPLE is Crow, YELLOW is Hlaalu, BLUE is Psijic, BLACK is Eagle and TURQUOISE is Orgnum.

Do we look at the crow symbol to know it's the crow deck? No, we look at the color.
    Do we look at the Redguard symbol to know it's Ansei's deck? No, we look at the color.

I hope to have many more patrons in the future, so colour clashing is very likely, this change would help future-proof instead of patchwork solutions
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is quite simple. Apart from the numbers they just need to mirror the skin of the cards.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think even if these are the only ones that we ever get it should be one the left, now that it's explained to me.

Relying only on color differences creates a problem for color-blind players. It doesn't have to be similar colors either for that to cause problems...

ETA:

For example, someone with color-blindness wouldn't see the 12.

5gpu9owr1dng.png

So, they might have trouble telling the Ansei from the Rahjiin cards.

Add to this gree-red blindness those people with blue-yellow blindness though the former is more likely. Both exist.