The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Draugr's Heritage working in PvP

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I am trying out Draugr's Heritage...to help me stay alive a bit longer....
But have never seen it work successfully. I practically live on under 35% health (hence my many deaths) but never seen anyone get knocked down or gotten healed.

What am I missing? Common sense?

Tankz!

Z
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely that they are stun immune. It's hard to see when in the heat of a fight and surrounded by lots of enemies but it will appear as a little swirl of air around their feet. People become immune to stuns for six seconds after being stunned. They can also use Immovable Potions to provide the effect for 15 seconds (last time I checked it was 15 anyway).

Many experienced PvPers will specifically use these potions just before going in for their big burst attack. They do this to ensure their window of opportunity doesn't go to waste and give their opponent a chance to catch their breath or strike back.

It could also be that the set is just bugged. Lots of things are in this game. If you aren't sure try getting a friend to help you test it in a duel.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working or not, it's not a very good set anyway. Most players will instantly break the stun and be on you instantly. Also, it makes it harder to turn the fight around and then burst them, if you're not controlling when you CC them.

I'd ditch is and go with something else for survival personally. Like Pariah for a good starter one. Atherial Ascension and Ironblood are good too, but have some drawbacks, which if you're new to PvP, might be harder to deal with.
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 24, 2022 7:39AM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski
    Solid info - Gratitude.

I am running Pariah with it...but yes Draugr's Heritage is doing nothing except boosting my health. And getting me killed?

Iron Blood I will definitely die more. I will have issues mitigating the down sides.

Atherial Ascension looks good - and never heard of it till now!
    Any suggestions on other sets to run with it (no, do not have Gaze of Sithis)
    Maybe something to boost stam...as my costs went up?

Also using Ring of the Wild Hunt and running an Imperial Templar - stam.

I have been playing PvP for a while (about a year a little more seriously) but die a LOT. It is definitely my play style. I finally got over the fear of dying, but am definitely not reacting like I am in PvP - more PVE - standing still to long, not dodge rolling enough...and getting immobilized often (ie death). Wildly spamming attacks..and I noticed, I almost never light attack like I do in PVE (panic?). AOE attacks take a huge toll on me as well.

So I started using Burning Shield & Breath of Life - which has managed to let me live a little longer.

If you have time - with what I have shared... thoughts?

Tankz!

Z
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    @Brrrofski
    Solid info - Gratitude.

I am running Pariah with it...but yes Draugr's Heritage is doing nothing except boosting my health. And getting me killed?

Iron Blood I will definitely die more. I will have issues mitigating the down sides.

Atherial Ascension looks good - and never heard of it till now!
    Any suggestions on other sets to run with it (no, do not have Gaze of Sithis)
    Maybe something to boost stam...as my costs went up?

Also using Ring of the Wild Hunt and running an Imperial Templar - stam.

I have been playing PvP for a while (about a year a little more seriously) but die a LOT. It is definitely my play style. I finally got over the fear of dying, but am definitely not reacting like I am in PvP - more PVE - standing still to long, not dodge rolling enough...and getting immobilized often (ie death). Wildly spamming attacks..and I noticed, I almost never light attack like I do in PVE (panic?). AOE attacks take a huge toll on me as well.

So I started using Burning Shield & Breath of Life - which has managed to let me live a little longer.

If you have time - with what I have shared... thoughts?

Tankz!

Z

Stuns don't always work because of CC immunity. Also, You're probably taking enough damage above 35% HP to kill you to completely bypass the sets's proc conditions of taking damage below 35% HP. Sets like these require you to have huge HP pools.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    draugr heritage is a set used for "theme" builds...

it's not very practical though in cyrodiil...I've tried it myself before...as has been mentioned already, cc immunity will make it an unreliable tool...lag doesn't help it either...

juggernaut's not a bad defensive set...timing your potions and ultimate use will help you stay alive also...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @geonsocal - never even heard of the set!!

I have no pieces so far
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @Zama666 ...i was just playing my stamplar a bit ago..he's in 5pc pariah, 5 pc plague doctor...hard to kill...sustain can be tough though...

if you're just wanting to not die for a while, 5 pc pariah with either juggernaut or plague doctor should do the trick...

also, try to have a health draught and tri-potion quick slotted...slot the remberance ultimate and you should be able to hang on for a bit...

even with dubious camoran, sustain is a challenge though...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place