The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zone to Unowned Home?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Picking up surveys is a pain in many cases, especially when it is difficult to figure out exactly how far to go to reset the node.

Anyone know of an addon that would let me preview an unowned home (perhaps outside the current zone) so you can go there and then return to where you are with reset nodes?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the addon but here is a tip for surveys - their respawn is tied to your draw distance setting. If you set the draw distance to 0 you will waste less time running back and forth (they will respawn quicker). :wink:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to Rezone

Just riding far enough that you lose line of site, or, you enter another cell will reset the survey. That is much faster.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon BeamMeUp reminds you if you harvested a survey node and got the same in your pockets again. You need to mount and just rude away like 100m so you cannot see the nodes anymore and then return -> they should have respawned then.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I typically just run away and back to reset as it is faster than two load screens for me most times. If I am using an unowned home, I just open the map and manually click one of the black houses, then walk out the door. If it would be possible for an add on to essentially hotkey this, I would probably use it occasionally when I need to reset an instance. I don't know of any with this functionality, but I'll watch here for any suggestions.
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 24, 2022 3:44PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    The addon BeamMeUp reminds you if you harvested a survey node and got the same in your pockets again. You need to mount and just rude away like 100m so you cannot see the nodes anymore and then return -> they should have respawned then.

"Should" being the operative term. The distance can vary greatly. It can also be rough with lots of mobs or the placement of a few areas.

The requirement to run away can be very annoying, which is why I would like an addon like this, especially since I know own many houses due to the recent "sale" event. Being able to designate one to automatically preview and then return would help at times with this annoying part of the game.

And yeah, I know many of you do things just fine. I still want this addon!

(Well, I really want them to remove the problem, but having this addon would help until then.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I typically just run away and back to reset as it is faster than two load screens for me most times. If I am using an unowned home, I just open the map and manually click one of the black houses, then walk out the door. If it would be possible for an add on to essentially hotkey this, I would probably use it occasionally when I need to reset an instance. I don't know of any with this functionality, but I'll watch here for any suggestions.

I often do the same, but have fewer unowned houses, none in some zones, to chose from since I bought a bunch in the last event.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Essential Housing Tools lets you go to player listed homes. You might be able to find a house you don't have and favorite that house to easily use through the addon menu (shown in the top bar of menus and can also be given a keybind).

Edit: Nevermind forgot that it just makes you walk out the door... however still very useful for getting TO surveys!
    Edited by Soarora on July 24, 2022 11:31PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Essential Housing Tools lets you go to player listed homes. You might be able to find a house you don't have and favorite that house to easily use through the addon menu (shown in the top bar of menus and can also be given a keybind).

Edit: Nevermind forgot that it just makes you walk out the door... however still very useful for getting TO surveys!

It would do that. But you are right that you will walk out the door, not back to where you were, in all but previews.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you own all the homes which are permanently in the crown store? If not you could just open the crown store, go to the housing menu and pick one you don't own from there. It's a few more clicks than an addon would probably take, but might work for now since it sounds like the addon you want doesn't exist.

There's also a list of homes in the Collections menu which is split into collected and not collected, but I'm not sure if that lets you preview the ones you don't own.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Do you own all the homes which are permanently in the crown store? If not you could just open the crown store, go to the housing menu and pick one you don't own from there. It's a few more clicks than an addon would probably take, but might work for now since it sounds like the addon you want doesn't exist.

There's also a list of homes in the Collections menu which is split into collected and not collected, but I'm not sure if that lets you preview the ones you don't own.

I do not own them all, but I want few clicks, equivalent to showing the map and clicking on a house to preview. That would be more steps, though I am not sure if it opens to housing by default.

I shouldn't have to even think about this, but that is another issue.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The distance can vary greatly. It can also be rough with lots of mobs or the placement of a few areas.

Affirmative. The worst surveys are Northern Elsweyr, where "reset" distances are just ridiculous (i added a rule for a JunkBuster addon to delete these surveys). Second troublesome surveys are Wrothgar ones, not all of them, but some (like Wrothgar jewelcrafing survey where you have to jump from the cliff and run a very huge loop to repeat when you arrive with a pack of identical surveys).

Said addon with a "bindable" hotkey would be great. it also simplifies resetting containers in some building while farming the furnishing plans.
    PC EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    The distance can vary greatly. It can also be rough with lots of mobs or the placement of a few areas.

Affirmative. The worst surveys are Northern Elsweyr, where "reset" distances are just ridiculous (i added a rule for a JunkBuster addon to delete these surveys). Second troublesome surveys are Wrothgar ones, not all of them, but some (like Wrothgar jewelcrafing survey where you have to jump from the cliff and run a very huge loop to repeat when you arrive with a pack of identical surveys).

Said addon with a "bindable" hotkey would be great. it also simplifies resetting containers in some building while farming the furnishing plans.

Or running a stealing route!

Maybe I will dig around and see what I can do.

Though I wish ZOS would fix the core problem and so many posters here would stop saying "they are working as intended". The latter may be true, but is VERY annoying!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what ZOs should fix in your opinion but try /bug ingame and tell others to do the same. This is one of the ways I know off to get heard if a "bug" exist.
    Or write to the official forum, but not the addons section.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Not sure what ZOs should fix in your opinion but try /bug ingame and tell others to do the same. This is one of the ways I know off to get heard if a "bug" exist.
    Or write to the official forum, but not the addons section.

I was asking if this addon existed, that is why I made the post. That is very appropriate for the addon forum!

The issue pushing the need for it is a long debated one. (Collecting survey writs) But that is a different point, though it is likely to leak into a discussion of something to fix that problem.

The same reset would help the other things I noted, which is why I would love such an addon. I am not sure how hard it would be to write, but I may look into that in the future.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 28, 2022 6:08PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console, so no addons. It is faster to go through the collections menu, because you can tab down to unowned and select the first that's there. It takes longer through the crown store.
    Also, returning to the collections menu, your housing & home size will still be highlighted, if you need to repeat the method.
    Edited by LurgidBean on July 28, 2022 6:14PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    I'm on console, so no addons. It is faster to go through the collections menu, because you can tab down to unowned and select the first that's there. It's more clicks through the crown store.

Definitely true. One reason I made the painful choice to move to the PC and abandon all my stuff on the PS4 was due to addons. That is why I always argue that any really popular addons should be within the game itself!

But Quality of Life issues only get sometimes support.
    PC
    PS4/PS5