The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did devs intend the ability to move scroll from one enemy keep to different enemy keep?

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
The end effect of "dunking" a scroll in the water is that you have the ability to move a scroll from one enemy keep to a different enemy keep.

Do you think the game designers intended for players to have the ability to move a scroll from one enemy keep to a different enemy keep just so it would cause their enemy more hassles?

I believe this behavior is not a legitimate tactic and was clearly not intended to be the normal behavior of players. It's underhanded and unsportsmanlike, not matter how beneficial it is in game.

Did devs intend the ability to move scroll from one enemy keep to different enemy keep? 23 votes

Yes
65%
acastanza_ESOgameswithaspoonIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOYakidafiReverbTheSpunkyLobsterKamchukOakenaxeUnkindnessOfRavensTaggundFadedTberg725MesiteDaisyRayTevalicious 15 votes
NO
34%
xylena_lazarowhiziumEdmondDontesFlangdoodlelunaslideLebkuchenSaffronCitrusflowerUnabashedlyHonest 8 votes
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only devs can answer this.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Oakenaxe wrote: »
    Only devs can answer this.

The poll doesn't ask what the devs think, it asks what you, the player thinks the devs intended.

Do YOU think the devs intended for players to have the ability to move a scroll from one enemy keep to a different enemy keep?
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    Yes
    its a valid map play. Lets say for instance I am on DC and AD has an EP scroll in Roe. As a DC leader I could either take that scroll to ash or dunk it. If I take it to ash, EP will not push bleaks and aleswell. On top of that AD will push back to Ash potentially putting DC at its trikeeps. Now if I take that scroll and put it in the water, It will more than likely go to an AD trikeep. This means EP will have to push AD tri keeps, DC can take and hold more AD and EP keeps. It even opens the possibility for an AD scroll or two on top of a good DC map. Its valid map play.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    People act like scroll dunking is so bad. Sometimes it's used to break up a massively populated faction. One time, AD was low pop and despite many tries, we could not get our scroll back from EP. DC also had their scroll taken by EP. So to help themselves and us, DC dunked our scroll and it went closer to AD. Therefore, both teams were able to push EP and get their scrolls back even while being outnumbered. EP couldn't take on both factions without splitting up their massive zerg.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Dunking scrolls to hose over the opposing faction most definitely is not something the original game designers intended. It's a tactic for trolls who don't want to accept responsibility for their actions.

The obvious solution is for scrolls to reset to whatever keep they were taken from regardless of what faction owns the keep.

....so much trolling going on in cyro now days it's shameful.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dunking scrolls to hose over the opposing faction most definitely is not something the original game designers intended. It's a tactic for trolls who don't want to accept responsibility for their actions.

So it's their fault a faction can have forty plus people completely steamroll another faction with twenty or less players and then take all their scrolls? Wow. They are such trolls, dying to an unbeatable zerg. OMG.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Personally not a fan of dunking but moving the scrolls is part of Cyrodiil and makes it easier if we’re trying to draw the agro of a faction we will go get their scroll from an enemy keep before they can secure it behind their gate and from there it’s on 😈
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I bet it started as an easy way to deal with buggy scrolls, stuck somewhere noone could reach them. The rules seem fair to me. But just like the 1 hour cooldown after picking up the scroll, it is mostly used to annoy the other alliances. Good groups think it is funny to farm for nearly an hour, "lose the scroll" and then watch it respawn somewhere while the other alliance is trying to run it to a good location. Other groups just run straight to the water and laugh at the tanks trying to get it out. It gives the game a few more possibilities, and i think it is fun. Let's be honest, Cyrodiil is not exactly chess or some complicated strategy game. No matter how many people think they need to play smart tactics, there is not very much you can do. Especially since Cyrodiil is so empty most of the time, after reducing the maximum players allowed on the map. And let's not forget the performance issues. They could make it more interesting if they wanted to, but i guess that ship has sailed.

But if you think about it, no, it does not make sense. Because the scroll just teleports on its own, i mean how does that even work? Does the scroll have magic powers? Who does the teleportation? Is there someone watching the war and deciding where the scrolls go? Why don't they just teleport the scrolls somewhere else and run away and sell them on the black market? What's so interesting about the scrolls anyway? The are old, and dirty, and have been stolen and brought back a million times...

In the end it does not matter if the devs intended it. They have not done anything about it for years, and people got used to it. So i guess the devs are ok with the way it is now.