The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please make vampire mist form a viable skill again

Zatacu
Zatacu
✭✭
Mist form is basically a useless skill now in PvE as it's less than equivalent to an unmorphed counterpart (such as twisting path). I understand it getting nerfed to avoid cheesing trial progs but please bring it back to life with *some* damage mitigation or something even if it's weaker than it originally was. The whole idea of vampire was high risk/reward but it just feels like high risk/no reward atm. Vampire just feels like a PvP skill line only now with no roleplaying or PvE benefits. I've been hoping to see this skill line be given some love every time new patch notes have come out.
  • Zatacu
    Zatacu
    ✭✭
    Considering we already have two PvP based skill lines it doesn't make sense that even more skills lines are being geared towards PvP only use - vampire and werewolf lines. PvP versus PvE needs better balancing as it seems like PvP is getting a lot more than PvE, whereas PvE is missing out on roleplaying / tougher content potential.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only PvE use is a snare/immobilization purge + Strike From the Shadows proc skill.

Would like it to do more than that, agreed. I gave the idea of it keeping at least 30% of the damage mitigation in PvE, but alas... wasn't implemented. ZOS kept it from giving any mitigation in PvE.

And I enjoy PvP more than PvE, but would like to use all my PvP abilities in PvE to.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zatacu wrote: »
    Mist form is basically a useless skill now in PvE as it's less than equivalent to an unmorphed counterpart (such as twisting path). I understand it getting nerfed to avoid cheesing trial progs but please bring it back to life with *some* damage mitigation or something even if it's weaker than it originally was. The whole idea of vampire was high risk/reward but it just feels like high risk/no reward atm. Vampire just feels like a PvP skill line only now with no roleplaying or PvE benefits. I've been hoping to see this skill line be given some love every time new patch notes have come out.

The problem with mist form was 2 fold: 1) Some vet encounters were so difficult, mist form was the ONLY way the tank could survive, so it basically became a tanking requirement with the way that it was previously; and 2) even with it being changed, it's still a problem in PVP. Nothing is more frustrating than fighting someone, wearing them down, and then having them puff into a cloud and run away where you can hardly do damage to them.

I wouldn't be opposed to it being reworked to be useful again, but I think this is yet another skill that they need to go back to the drawing board and re-think IMO.
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    That mist form in PVP IS BEYOND obnoxious especially on these pesky NB players who don’t do enough damage to kill you but just mist and kite away then follow you around like a mosquito so nope don’t need any buffs already strong enough for what it does

And also how is it missing out on roleplay? or have no roleplay benefits? You’re literally roleplaying you look like a vampire an do vampire things lol
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    Zatacu wrote: »

The problem with mist form was 2 fold: 1) Some vet encounters were so difficult, mist form was the ONLY way the tank could survive, so it basically became a tanking requirement with the way that it was previously; and 2) even with it being changed, it's still a problem in PVP. Nothing is more frustrating than fighting someone, wearing them down, and then having them puff into a cloud and run away where you can hardly do damage to them.

I wouldn't be opposed to it being reworked to be useful again, but I think this is yet another skill that they need to go back to the drawing board and re-think IMO.

Making mist form useful to PVE and making it annoying in PVP won't matter. PVP is already annoying with how little anti-heal exist and spam heal.
    I just want man flesh.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    What PvP? Mist is not usefull in PvP as your resources regeneration is turned off. Any player with it die in the end and doesnt perform well. Just sprinting and droping heals is so much more efficient and you can still get Health or mana/stamina regeneratioin. I know that just by fighting top players and none of them uses Mist.

Possible rework for me is that Mist could be awesome as escape tool like sorc bolt escape. Without stun but with dmg mitigation and extremly expensive and affordable casualy only on stage 4 (best stuff need to cost).

That way it would find use both in PvE and PvP rather just being useless cloud of fart :smile:
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would put the entirety of vampirism back to pre Blackwood. What an abomination is now is. So sad, I loved it from 2014 but cured after they turned it in to a nuclear accident deformity.
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps more healing taken with Bloodmist? idk Currently you cannot heal to full health with the skill in pvp, and there's not much benefit to it in pve, but it does work better in pve. I thru on oakensoul and all 5 vampire skills and I understand how they function together. I like the idea of it but the Heal from Bloodmist and Drain are both too weak to make vampire a playable style.

If you stay on top of a person using Mist in pvp they will eventually kill themselves thru resource consumption, as Mist cuts off all sustain. They are only getting resources back by having an off balance build that stacks to much recovery and not enough damage to kill anyone but if they can kite long enough and get you to give up the hunt, then they can get resources back and come pester you again. In a sustained 1v1 duel they are as good as dead though.