Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Templar post u35

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
This is a genuine question and not a troll.

Just wondering if Templar will be in a better place versatility wise after the update. Feels like we will have execute, decent aoe spammable, choice of single target spammables... dunno.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well in pve templar is going to join the generic put tons of dots down and spam a spammable forever rotation. It's a swing in the complete opposite direction of the old just spam jabs rotation.
    Not any less mindless.
    Pvp, hard to tell.
    Lots of alternatives to jabs for a spammable, but ofc it's not ideal.
    Burning light change might be kinda stupid with dot proc sets come next patch tho.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think templars are losing or gaining versatility this patch. I guess if you count burning light proccing from all damage sources then that's a gain, but BL also had its damage proc frequency heavily nerfed so...
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I don't think templars are losing or gaining versatility this patch. I guess if you count burning light proccing from all damage sources then that's a gain, but BL also had its damage proc frequency heavily nerfed so...

True. But most of everything saw a nerf. We couldn't run anything but jabs because of BL. Now we can actually run other spammables. I remain hopeful.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason you run something else now us because jabs has been thoroughly nerfed. And so has BL outside if a dot happening to tick at the half second interval since your other damage as Dots surely are not enough damage alone.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play stamplar so dont even have an execute.

The main thing for me is I am not sure anyone will be able to recognise a stamplar unless they throw a shard next patch if the jabs nerfs go ahead
    Soupy twist
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you hate the new animation, it's time to shelve Templar. If not, it's in a better spot than most other classes this coming patch.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you hate the new animation, it's time to shelve Templar. If not, it's in a better spot than most other classes this coming patch.

Yeah, it's kinda what I was thinking. I fiddle on a stamplar now and again. But I do think while stamplar might remain mostly the same, there is going to be interesting nuance for magplar with different sets and spammables other classes won't use.

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just gonna wait till the patch drops. Play both my magplar and stamplar like before and see if I enjoy it. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but if light attack weaving is easier with the channel lasting 0.8 secs, then it's a good thing. Weaving jabs has never been easy. Maybe some of you had it mastered. But I found it so much easier on other classes. So, if it really is much easier to weave, I'll be pretty happy.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    I'm just gonna wait till the patch drops. Play both my magplar and stamplar like before and see if I enjoy it. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but if light attack weaving is easier with the channel lasting 0.8 secs, then it's a good thing. Weaving jabs has never been easy. Maybe some of you had it mastered. But I found it so much easier on other classes. So, if it really is much easier to weave, I'll be pretty happy.

Doesn't feel much different to me, just quicker, but then I had struggled to go weave on other classes after playing my templar since launch. Gets illustrated when I play my NB and my bow proc counter doesn't go up lol

Anyway; I've made some adjustments to where my stamplar should be fine. Relatively speaking when considering all changes. Doesn't mean I'm ok with it all.
  • December7854
    December7854
    Soul Shriven
    From a PvP perspective its not looking promising for Templar other than ranged builds. Kinda sucks, but we've been here before.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Well in pve templar is going to join the generic put tons of dots down and spam a spammable forever rotation
    i just realise that everyone in new update will virtualy wear "Elf Bane"
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made jabs a little easier to use and they made it not as massive of a downside to use other spammables. It's a lot more flexible, you can do ranged without losing too much and whatnot.
    Edited by TPishek on July 26, 2022 7:28PM
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. If I'm still playing this game after this patch, might try the templar.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you don't care about being able to kill things in PvP then templar will be fine next patch I guess
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tested magplar and stamplar for a few hrs in PTS content (I never parse, sorry :) ), namely some "hardest" group dungeons and WB in Craglorn, as well soloing simple dungeons (FG1, Arx).
    My impression is that stam is touched the most in U35, but overall my reduction in damage (for there was definitely one, irrespective of tweakings and set changings) was against massive health bosses, while trash mobs went down more or less as in live. As a gross example, I usually run FG1 in less than 5' skipping. Now it took me more than 10', mostly nagging at those three bosses, whose simple mechs I know by hearth. The WB have become longer to kill, too, with a raised consumption of potions.
    I well realize that my findings are anecdotical at best, but more or less this is what you will likely meet since end of August.

@mocap I fear that Elf Bane will bring you no good. Apart being Heavy, it procs flame damage, and only if not channeled, quite the opposite of what the plars rely upon. Ofc if you mean that we all had best to go DK semi-tanks, well EB would be very useful, LOL, and maybe this is the best way to go :( .
    Edited by fiender66 on July 28, 2022 2:44PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    To beef a little my comment above: my basic rotation is stampede+barrage+ orbs, then front with bane+backlash+punctures. Channeled focus if needed. Emp sweep ultimate whenever ready.
    Iceheart+war maiden+overwhelming and thief mundus. This all for magplar.

Again, I felt damage reduction MUCH MORE heavily for the stamplar. This has become almost useless against bosses.
    I'm confident that sooner or later I'll put together some solution, but for the time being things stay this way: stam is useful only in mid overland content, and I suppose she could do none better in group content. A shame.