The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Druid Ryvana houseguest skin texture bug?

Gaebriel0410
Gaebriel0410
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanted to buy the Druid Ryvana houseguest but her hands and feet don't look right, they somehow show grey dunmer skin colour.
Is this a glitch in the store preview or is she supposed to wear skintight dunmer hide socks?

Obviously I won't get her if it's supposed to look like this, so I hope to find out if it's a bug or not before the purchase window closes, as I wanted a druid houseguest since forever.

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably a bug. Initiate Alexine at the Stonelore Grove has most of the same styles but doesn't have that issue.

1f6TDKN.png

Hard to say though really. It might be intentional :neutral:

AKwz4me.png
    PC NA
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    1f6TDKN.png
    From this picture, it looks like it's a product of her body markings.

I can't place them with only the small look at them on her arms (and the fact I don't use body markings so I'm not that familiar with them in the first place), but I know there are some body markings that cover the hands completely and/or block-color parts of the body.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be the "Uricanbeg the Stag" body markings... not sure why she'd have that since she worships Y'ffre, not Hircine.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Yeah that looks like it's the same colour as the body paint markings indeed.

For some reason her preview was much smaller than other houseguests so I couldn't really see, it looked like she had dunmer hands attached.

Still not a fan of the aesthetic choice of body paint covering the entirety of the feet when wearing sandals, but it doesn't appear glitchy on the above screens and the rest of her looks great, so I can fish up my druid! :)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's the Uricanbeg the Stag markings. I recognised it right away because I use it on one of my characters. I found it odd a druid is using it because it's a Hircine body marking.

The marking when it is a bit more visible.
    kOhu4I2.png
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 22, 2022 7:33PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's the Uricanbeg the Stag markings. I recognised it right away because I use it on one of my characters.

That looks way better when there's no gloves equipped. It doesn't look right otherwise.

We can safely assume this is not getting fixed because it's not actually a bug. It's part of the skin.
    PC NA
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ty for the info
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask, anyone know what the gloves and shoulder piece she is wearing?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Seems to be the "Uricanbeg the Stag" body markings... not sure why she'd have that since she worships Y'ffre, not Hircine.

Some druids worship the Elk of Arrows which may either be hircine or associated with hircine
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@swook33b16_ESO Looks like Nibenese Court Wizard shoulders and no gloves. Because as a npc, she doesn't have to wear all pieces of gear. Your best bet is probably light Mazzatun gloves for a similar look because they are just slim bracers around the wrist.
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Some druids worship the Elk of Arrows which may either be hircine or associated with hircine

True, but Ryvana worship Y'ffre. It's part of her lines.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@swook33b16_ESO Looks like Nibenese Court Wizard shoulders and no gloves. Because as a npc, she doesn't have to wear all pieces of gear. Your best bet is probably light Mazzatun gloves for a similar look because they are just slim bracers around the wrist.

You can worship more than one god.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can worship more than one god.

True, but Y'ffre and Hircine is an odd mix. because many cultures who worship Y'ffre frowns on Hircine worship. Like the majority of Valenwood bosmer are one of the biggest cultures who worship Y'ffre, and most things related to Hircine such as shapeshifting is a massive no-no.

Just weird she doesn't have Y'ffre markings, or druid ones, or none like many other druids.