The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reporting conceding players in ToT

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Largomets wrote: »
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    ...However, instead of reaching 40 power, they instead spent two power to activate Hunding, causing their turn to end at 39 power. They were toying with me, so I conceded.

I've done similar things -- used a Patron unnecessarily. But not from malice, only from 'brain fart' and not paying attention to the actual score.

If you get 40 but expect your next hand won't be competitive, it often makes sense to delay the sudden death phase until you're in a stronger position to defend your win.

Sucks to get 40/41 points then your opponent has a good hand and overtakes you when you can't fight them on it.

+1 on this. I've had scenarios where turning the crow dials pushes me well over the 40 limit and would force the "win check," but decided against it because if they can overtake, not only is my hand weaker but now I can be "locked out" of using the crow dial as an "execute." If I'm playing someone good and we're having an even REMOTELY competitive match, I try not to go all-out on irreversible options unless it's a "do or die" hand for me.

When I see a player avoiding the "obvious" move and doing something less obvious but tactical, my thought is usually not malice, but "yup, that's someone that's been burned before" lol.

Absolutely, your opponent will player entirely differently once you hit 40, compared to when you are at 39. I had a player have like 25 coin when I was at 38 or so, and they were just at 30. Rather than using the crow to hit 55, they bought a bunch of cards. The next turn I hit over 40, and they were out of place to cash in a bunch of coin/power to catch me. Had I hit 40 the previous turn, they most certainly would have used the crow to take the lead.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 22, 2022 8:27PM
  • Largomets
    Largomets
    ✭✭✭
    So I just used the "concede" button in a match now that I know it still affects leaderboard score correctly. Basically, on the opening draw, my opponent got a very good card. Hand 2 they got ANOTHER very good card. Hand 3, they got a lucky contract combo that gave them currency exchange. By hand 4, they had a very solid combo of purple cards AND a currency exchange AND another currency exchange spawned on the board and in this time, I had managed to draw 0 good cards, could not afford any better cards, and wasn't getting at bats.

So yeah, I know I could play it out, but given this topic on the forums, I thought I'd just "concede" to save us both time. Of course, now my plan to quickly end the game that was very, very one sided means that I am locked out for 10 minutes from playing again.

I think my takeaway is, THAT is what is broken about this system. If I concede, it should count as a loss for me, a win for my opponent, and we should be able to move on with life just like any other game. The penalty of losing points on the scoreboard is punishment enough without throwing a lockout timer on top to add insult to injury.

If zos is so worried about people obtaining the "losers" crates, then sure, make it so you don't get one if you concede. Or, and here's a thought, realize that it's actually not THAT big a deal and just take the damn penalty timer away, at least for ranked competitive matches in rubidite.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If zos is so worried about people obtaining the "losers" crates, then sure, make it so you don't get one if you concede.

This is quite simple. ZOS could just put rewards containers on 5 or 10 minutes timer, to prevent farming rewards by immediate surrendering.

PC EU
  • Largomets
    Largomets
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    If zos is so worried about people obtaining the "losers" crates, then sure, make it so you don't get one if you concede.

This is quite simple. ZOS could just put rewards containers on 5 or 10 minutes timer, to prevent farming rewards by immediate surrendering.

Brilliant, a solution so simple and logical it is SURE to never make it into the game lol
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Largomets, exactly this mechanics is already in the game for a very long time. It prevents delve bosses farming with a "parked" character.
    You can get loot only once in 5 minutes (and if delve boss respawns earlier (when another player approaches) - it drops nothing for you). This i can state for sure as i had to kill Alik'r delve boss 34 times to get antique wolfie lead (took about 2 hours).
    Zeni could just "port" this technique for ToT if rapid rewards farming is the issue.
    PC EU
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »

Not sure if this would prevent farming if you just have to wait for your reward. In these 10 min I could just continue conceding matches and get the rewards with some delay.

It would only prevent farming if they implement it in the way described by DinoZavr.

Alternatively they could just reduce the content for lost match boxes to make it less attracktive.

Edited by AnduinTryggva on July 23, 2022 9:57AM