The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Self proc VD, PB and Occult exploit.

NotTaylorSwift
NotTaylorSwift
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcg7Vi2FXQ

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Fix pls. Killing yourself with health cost skills + ravager potion procs Vicious Death, Plaguebreak and Occult overload on yourself. Intended?
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Fix pls. Killing yourself with health cost skills + ravager potion procs Vicious Death, Plaguebreak and Occult overload on yourself. Intended?

Not my video but there are many people abusing this in pvp right now.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting...
    looney-tunes-daffy.gif
    very terrible thing...interesting indeed...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 21, 2022 3:34AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not hit proxy det too?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're welcome to kill yourself. How many people really want to do that? For the Tel Var, I suppose, but you're going to lose half.
    Edited by fred4 on July 21, 2022 6:34AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    You're welcome to kill yourself. How many people really want to do that? For the Tel Var, I suppose, but you're going to lose half.

Bombers don't care about that, they want to bomb the group. Most bombers know they have a high chance of dying from failed bomb anyways. The point is whether or not they can drop bodies before they die.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

It’s just silly regardless of anything like that. Makes bombing almost impossible to fail at. You don’t even need to cast any skills.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the cheese is flowing, I always had an idea.

Have 10 friends + 1 warden.

Have the warden go onto the enemy alliance, then have all 10 friends cast meteor on warden.

Warden vines onto nearby group and drags meteors with him.

I always thought this would be cool in something like IC sewers in the center.
    PvP needs more love.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

Have the warden go onto the enemy alliance, then have all 10 friends cast meteor on warden.

Ok, but you are the warden.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this them lowering the ceiling for bombing? Do it to players that can't attack you and expect you to be on their side. This will be excellent for morale!

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »

Ok, but you are the warden.

I must admit. I wanted to be the warden.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotTaylorSwift

Do you know if the self proc of this hurts allies. Given you are dieing yourself? Or does it only target enemies?

Edit: Nevermind I saw the YouTube comments.
    Edited by Casul on July 21, 2022 7:35PM
    PvP needs more love.
  • Evo444
    Evo444
    Soul Shriven

I don't know who told you it works with Plaguebreak and Occult overload on yourself, because it doesn't. Occult overload requires a status effect and an "enemy". Then Plaguebreak also needs an "enemy" and you'd die instantly before it's proc applied to yourself if it even did work on yourself. It works with Vicious Death because it says "player" and you are a player that you killed.

And for those wondering because some people commented it, no it doesn't hurt your allies, it doesn't work like that. If you did this as an EP player, it's an EP proc that will hurt AD and DC players.

The idea was more of a meme one hit kill on one person when I was testing stuff pretty much for "One thing in death recap" builds, not for mass AOE bombing purposes, so there's no other bomber set in it besides vicious death. I'm sure a necro with dark convergence+colussus+boneyard or DK with cleave+plaguebreak+rush of agony will be much better for bombing than doing this. You'd be gambling for crits if you tried bombing with this "vicious death as the only thing hitting" idea and you'd be restricted to 5 meters. If you decided to put rush of agony in the build you'd lose damage on your vicious death proc.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evo444 wrote: »

I don't know who told you it works with Plaguebreak and Occult overload on yourself, because it doesn't. Occult overload requires a status effect and an "enemy". Then Plaguebreak also needs an "enemy" and you'd die instantly before it's proc applied to yourself if it even did work on yourself. It works with Vicious Death because it says "player" and you are a player that you killed.

And for those wondering because some people commented it, no it doesn't hurt your allies, it doesn't work like that. If you did this as an EP player, it's an EP proc that will hurt AD and DC players.

The idea was more of a meme one hit kill on one person when I was testing stuff pretty much for "One thing in death recap" builds, not for mass AOE bombing purposes, so there's no other bomber set in it besides vicious death. I'm sure a necro with dark convergence+colussus+boneyard or DK with cleave+plaguebreak+rush of agony will be much better for bombing than doing this. You'd be gambling for crits if you tried bombing with this "vicious death as the only thing hitting" idea and you'd be restricted to 5 meters. If you decided to put rush of agony in the build you'd lose damage on your vicious death proc.

after years and years of fighting, dying, killing, and lots and lots of mount riding - witnessing new and interesting ways of dispatching others or yourself to rezz land is definitely of interest...
    150550-taylor-swift-thumbs-up-gif-gfy-FqQN-1.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on July 22, 2022 7:41AM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Have u seen it in game? Sounds like you haven't. Ik how these sets work you don't need to explain them. That's why I labelled it as 'exploit'. It shouldn't work this way but is doing. The 'enemy' in this scenario is the player character for whatever reason, leading you to proc these effects on yourself when dying via ravager potion. Dunno how u can say it 'doesn't work'. Our raid literally was killed by one guy with this 'strat' the day I posted the original.

I may be wrong about plaguebreak though VD and occult are doing this.
  • Evo444
    Evo444
    Soul Shriven
    Have u seen it in game? Sounds like you haven't.
    That's literally me in the video when I was testing this sort of stuff which did include plaguebreak and occult at one point, that's how I know they won't proc off yourself.
    It shouldn't work this way but is doing.
    Killing yourself with ravage hp potion will not proc plaguebreak or occult overload on yourself, those require "enemy" and occult needs a status effect which you need from an enemy player. I've tested plaguebreak and occult while making the setup, again, that's how I know it doesn't work. Vicious death requires "player" which is why it does work.

That doesn't stop someone from using destructive clench and then detonating themselves so that if their victim dies they blow up with plaguebreak and occult which could've happened in your situation. If I used the ravage hp potion at full hp it's not gonna give myself the DOT or the explosion effect to myself if it killed me, and Occult Overload requires a status effect.

If I use ravage hp potion at low hp with all those sets and occult and I die after consuming it, it will only proc Vicious Death on myself. I'm saying from the way those 5pc bonuses and how occult is worded, they are working as described. "Enemy" requires enemy which isn't you which is why plaguebreak and occult don't work on yourself. "Player" requires a player which you are a player and when you drink the ravage hp potion at low hp, you technically killed a player and it procs Vicious Death.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have u seen it in game? Sounds like you haven't.
    That's literally me in the video when I was testing this sort of stuff which did include plaguebreak and occult at one point, that's how I know they won't proc off yourself.

Fair enough but what's the point in saying this won't happen, that won't happen, when we literally see it in cyrodiil. That's why I asked have you seen it in game and not just on a target dummy. You think it's somehow impossible to 'not' have any status effects when you die with this?

Also you just completely ignored the part where I labelled it as an exploit. I KNOW how the sets/cps are worded and how they're SUPPOSED to work. This is obviously NOT supposed to happen....
    Edited by NotTaylorSwift on July 24, 2022 9:00PM
  • Evo444
    Evo444
    Soul Shriven
    When I saw this thread that said, "Self proc VD, PB and Occult exploit" I was curious when I've bug tested on my end to know that PB doesn't proc on yourself, the player is not registered as "enemy" as you've said, in my case. And that occult overload also didn't work on yourself with simmering frenzy, but then I saw it was my video linked that only showcased the trick with VD(because PB didn't work and occult didn't either for me). You can test this yourself.

By making this thread I see that as you are 100% positive that this person that killed your raid didn't light attack a victim to have plaguebreak to have the DOT then detonating themselves, that this person didn't apply a status effect with maybe destructive clench on a victim to ensure occult would proc, that this person didn't apply plaguebreak from afar somehow and then went in to blow themselves up, that this person by themselves alone procced PB and occult on themselves, that someone DID exploit because PB and occult was only supposed to work on enemies and they somehow got it to work on themselves, that it was a build combo just like in the linked video and not another variation.

So I really think you should show the clip/video that happened personally to you or will to happen to you since it's popular according to you that shows someone, without pressing any damaging abilities/basic attack on someone, blowing up a raid by just killing/hurting themselves, because to me it seems like someone killed your raid with different variation/combo then you saw my video and you assumed plaguebreak and occult also worked on the detonator without testing it yourself, and I don't want ZOS is waste time thinking there's an exploit when no definitive proof was shown. You could've just put vicious death in the title and description that way people knew you just see VD alone as an exploit.

For Plaguebreak, even if you did oneshot someone with something 100% to 0%hp, plaguebreak won't trigger the explosion because the DOT didn't take root immediately.

As for occult overload, I have tested with simm frenzy up to see if the game somehow registered it as an status effect (because that'd be an exploit), didn't work. I'm not gonna spend more time bug testing to see what other buffs/debuffs that aren't status effects the game could consider as a status effect.

As for Vicious Death, it is working as worded, you killed a player and that was yourself and it's proc worked. That's up to ZOS if they wanna change that.

Again I've tested to see if there was an exploit, both live and PTS, didn't find any. Please link the (upcoming) incident that happened to you, so we can help you. Or post a clip of you getting PB and occult to proc on yourself. If you wanted this exploit you believe exists to get fixed, why didn't you link a video that showcases it? Instead of linking my video showing VD working as worded with a trick few might've thought of.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have u seen it in game? Sounds like you haven't. Ik how these sets work you don't need to explain them. That's why I labelled it as 'exploit'. It shouldn't work this way but is doing. The 'enemy' in this scenario is the player character for whatever reason, leading you to proc these effects on yourself when dying via ravager potion. Dunno how u can say it 'doesn't work'. Our raid literally was killed by one guy with this 'strat' the day I posted the original.

I may be wrong about plaguebreak though VD and occult are doing this.

Okay. So where is the exploit?

It is definitely working as intended. Your raid just needs to get better. With how hard it is to kill ball groups don’t post about an exploit just because your raid died.

Zos this thread should be closed.