The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poll: How would you rate the quests of High Isle

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
From 1 being extremely boring to 10 being extremely engaging and flawless.
Where are your overall experience with the quests of High Isles at?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 22, 2022 2:05AM

Poll: How would you rate the quests of High Isle 125 votes

10 perfect score
2%
DjennkuFischyJonessvendf 3 votes
9%
YstradCludEldartarMasterSpatulakmfdmMartoTylerDurdenLadyHeloiseTornaadPterion87VijuBijuCooperharleyTaSheen 12 votes
20%
lordspyderTryxusstevenyaub16_ESOMisscapefoxMaximilianGaebriel0410AvalonRangerAtAfternoonAliyavanaIrfindDark_Lord_KuroPurpleScrollStanxnotyuuWildRaptorXAshrynDLMDeter1UKprof_doomSammyKhajit 25 votes
13%
Jdrayssewallb14_ESOArrodisiaArphalasBronzeCaimanLumsdenmlZenzukifizl101sau02adgjaws343VeeskCompM4sLady_GaladhielkevkjellmarieNecrotech_MasterMafiaCat115 17 votes
10%
Belegnolewenchmore420b14_ESOkiesonetch_a_sketchVoodooPlatypusVynDracan_FontomFroilBrucciusbmnobleAzuraFanFluffyBirdSkaraMinoc 13 votes
5 Average
28%
RiptideDysturbedwookiefriseurElsonsoBloodyStigmatakwinterDMuehlhausenAmphithoeredspecter23Enemy-of-ColdharbourParasaurolophusDestaicaptainwolfossPark101C0L0SSUSRaddlemanNumber7KaspySilverIce58Shardan4968El_Borracho 36 votes
4%
vailjohn_ESOchessalavakia_ESOTreselegantLonestryderMorimizowashbern 6 votes
4%
FirstmepSteamKitten01huskandhungerFluffWitxHotguy6pack 5 votes
2%
AsysSpeggethusTevalicious 3 votes
1 Worst
4%
shadyjane62MookieMcgroinJingleclawLesserCircleMythical_void 5 votes
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    The quests were fine, just not enough of them.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5/7
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt like the main quest was somewhat above average for recent main quest content, the companion quest for Ember and the Brokerock Mine quest was above average, the Public Dungeon quests were about average, and the majority of the other side quests were below average.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the main quest. Part way through you kind of know where it is going but was fun getting there. With Vvardenfell there was a side quest that had me being mostly irritated and wondering when it would finally end. The side quests here were for the most part fun.
    I really liked the random encounters like the NPC trying to ride the critter and the NPC with the crabs. I'm hoping we get more of those in future content. Overall I would say the story content was good.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    much better than blackwood lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/7

one of us! one of us!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solid 7. I enjoyed most quests and it was better than Blackwood or Greymoor.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    The writing was really lazy imo.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests were pretty solid.... The zone, though, looks darn good.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 Worst
    I only did it on PTS that was enuf to convince to wait till it's free.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Average
    They aren't bad, they aren't good.

I'm not even halfway through, but I know one of the main characters you start interacting with will some how betray you. There is some mysterious group of beings doing something bad...blah blah

It's just re-skinning old quests. I get there is a finite number of stories that can be told, but I've already seen this all before. This basically means the characters need to grip you, and Arabelle and Jakarn etc just don't. They aren't interesting characters really.

Obviously Raz can't be the main NPC in every expansion, but they need to figure out a way to get that quality of voice acting and writing into more characters. Till they do Average is all anything will be.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    I liked that if you had high enough alchemy you had a way of getting into the storage shed during the steadfast/vampire quest, havent seen skill mechanics used in ages. Overall though the rest of the quests were nothing special in regards to writing, main villain was obvious, nobody new really stood out besides Ember and Isobel. Bigger shame is all those gorgeous unused furniture they never added as blueprints.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quests were fine, just not enough of them.

This. The biggest flaw is that content wise it was way too short. It felt like content that should've been free with a sub or $15-20 tops.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were good for the most part just felt like there were less of them than usual.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree there were too few quests, but I rate those few an 8. Main story was very interesting and engaging, especially the part about rescuing the nobles in Amenos (fortunately, it didn't bug for me). For the side quests, the highlights for me were Stibbons's (an itch that needs to be scratched) and Rigurt's (committing diplomacy!). Ah, and the quest for that Crimson Coin public dungeon was damn good, too.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best story since Elsweyr, to be sure.

I'll have to knock a couple of points off the score if the Winter DLC reveals Bacaro to be the Ascendant Lord. He's the only reasonable candidate from everyone we've met, but it's such an ESO cliché at this point that I'm pretty sure I'll have to hold it against them if it's true.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    The quests were fine. I'm not really the target audience and would rate the quests in any zone from a 3 to a 7 so 5 is right there in the middle. Most are of a reasonable length for my liking. The rewards for the time invested are about on par with other recent questlines which is to say, they didn't excite me too much. I ended up speeding through the main quest line to unlock the green deck fully.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were ok 🤷‍♂️
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay maybe my score was a it harsh, but the main story brought it down hard, it was terrible.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 9 from me because I've been here since 2014 waiting for High King Emeric to share more of his story.

CCe3xyW.png?1
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    Main Quest...
    The objective is to hold a peace conference with the alliance leaders to end the Three Banners War. Plot twist is that the alliance leaders are lost at sea and must be rescued before they are killed by the Ascendant Order.

But, players know that the 3 alliance leaders are returning characters and therefore cannot be killed, so the story has no element of jeopardy. Players also know that the Cyrodiil PvP zone is going nowhere, so the conference is an exercise in futility anyway.

Not the best storyline I've ever seen.
    PC EU
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    Anything not related to the card game was OK.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main quest was not bad, but rather bland and dragged out. There were good moments here and there, but they all feel a bit like sprinkles and icing on a cardboard cake.

I liked Steadfast Manor quest, Amenos quests, and Ember's story was really good.

Overall I enjoyed the chapter, but feel a bit unsatisfied and not sure I'll buy any ESO chapters in the future.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    They weren't great. Usually the side quests are better than that actual main story. This time both of them were just... meh.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved every bit of it - except no use for the card game, which is why a 9 instead of 10.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've deliberately only done the main storyline to stretch out enjoyment of the zone about, and enjoyed it much more than the blackwood and greymoor storylines.

King Emeric really does need to break out his dry humour more, he made me laugh alot
    Soupy twist
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought this dlc would be boring. Thought it’s pretty and all but not much different than mainland. However getting into the quests, especially some of the side ones, there were a lot of cool animations. Better than Murkmire! I loathe going there.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Average
    I enjoyed them, but nothing groundbreaking. The druid quest and Isobel quests were somewhat memorable, but that's about it. The main quest left off on too big of a cliffhanger.

My biggest gripe is seeing a questgiver popup in several locations close to each other - wish they'd just put questgiver is one location.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    I liked that if you had high enough alchemy you had a way of getting into the storage shed during the steadfast/vampire quest, havent seen skill mechanics used in ages. Overall though the rest of the quests were nothing special in regards to writing, main villain was obvious, nobody new really stood out besides Ember and Isobel. Bigger shame is all those gorgeous unused furniture they never added as blueprints.

I meant to mention this several days ago. I would like to see more of this in future content where our character can make a dialog choice based on skill levels. Nothing that really changes the quest but allows the character to mention a prowess for certain things. That reminds me I liked the random encounter where I bested the brave NPC with my experiences. Was an added little bonus.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Average
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Mascen wrote: »

I meant to mention this several days ago. I would like to see more of this in future content where our character can make a dialog choice based on skill levels. Nothing that really changes the quest but allows the character to mention a prowess for certain things. That reminds me I liked the random encounter where I bested the brave NPC with my experiences. Was an added little bonus.

What I like about the mechanism is that it adds a more old school Morrowind/Oblivion aspect where your non-combat skills and abilities matter and honestly would open up opportunites for more creative and unique plot scenarios and endings; especially if certain parameters were combined. For example, lets say during the Markarth side quest Vows and Oaths if youre at say rank 7 in Thieves and rank 10 Alchemy with persuasion, you can pull a classic Bard and lure Drisene into having an affair with someone else. On the other hand with rank 9 Dark Brotherhood you could have Drisene meet with an "accidental" death via an alchemically triggered rockslide.

Unique choices like this would allow players to truly tailor their questing and make the adventure more their own rather than the 2-choice cookie cutter McGuffin hunt or daily murderhobo that's become so prevalent with most quests.