The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Early Day Access

nightrise87
Hello,

My husband and I are new to ESO (I've been playing elder scroll games a while longer than he though). My husband made the pre orders and got the 3 day one instead of the 5 day one.

EDIT

I forgot to mention it was supposed to be the 5 day one, we are not sure how it just "changed" to a three day one.

Is there a way to upgrade through this website or get it fixed?
Edited by nightrise87 on March 30, 2014 1:54PM
  • Natsu
    Natsu
    ✭✭
    i was trying to figure out the same thing, but i don't see anywhere to upgrade it. I think, and don't quote me on this, you can only upgrade to the imperial edition once you log in. Which i wont be doing, because all i want is the earlier access.
    Edited by Natsu on March 30, 2014 1:31PM
    FAIRY TAIL
    1. 1: You must never reveal sensitive information about Fairy Tail to others for as long as you live.
    2. 2: You must never use former contacts met through your being in the guild for personal gain.
    3. 3: Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might, you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about your friends who loved you
  • nightrise87
    Natsu wrote: »
    ...Which i wont be doing, because all i want is the earlier access.

Yeah, we don't want any of the Imperial stuff either, we just want to play early.

• donheyb16_ESO
    I also expected 5 day access and found out I was only entitled to 3 days. I emailed ESO Support and got a very prompt and friendly response. Unfortunately I was told that there are no more 5 day early access keys available. Sorry nightrise87.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, if you pre-purchased the Imperial SE, you got the five-day head-start. If you pre-purchased just the regular digital edition (like me), you got the three-day head-start.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where you bought them from? Both from the same retailer?
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the standard edition and have 5 days early access. (playing right now) If you bought standard edition from the ESO site you get 5 days. If you bought it anywhere else, it is 3 days unless you buy the imperial edition.
  • TyarVaroo
    TyarVaroo
    According to the store page on elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/preorder both digital versions receive a 5 day early access. The retail versions differ though. Imperial edition also receives a 5 day Early Access, yet the standard edition only 3 days.

Hope this helps
    "What is better... to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    I bought the standard edition and have 5 days early access. (playing right now) If you bought standard edition from the ESO site you get 5 days. If you bought it anywhere else, it is 3 days unless you buy the imperial edition.
    Point. Bought mine and my wife's from GMG, but we paid only $45 apiece - so I'm willing to wait two extra days for that level of savings.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Natsu
    Natsu
    ✭✭
    @greysix i did the same thing, but kinda wish i got the imperial edition for $60 instead. Oh well.
    FAIRY TAIL
    1. 1: You must never reveal sensitive information about Fairy Tail to others for as long as you live.
    2. 2: You must never use former contacts met through your being in the guild for personal gain.
    3. 3: Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might, you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about your friends who loved you
  • nightrise87
    That stinks. ESO is working with us to find a solution though and will get back with us. The product my husband and I purchased advertised 5 days. We'll see what can be done, if anything. Thanks for the responses, everyone.
  • twistcap
    twistcap
    Please let me know their answer I am having the same issue, was advertise as 5 days and now I am on an early 3 days instead.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    You won't be able to upgrade a standard edition until the 4th of the 4th unfortunately.
  • nightrise87
    twistcap wrote: »
    Please let me know their answer I am having the same issue, was advertise as 5 days and now I am on an early 3 days instead.

So far, we have been on the phone three times and al they say is that they will call back. We have called, they have called us, we have emailed back and forth and all they do is ask for the same information we have already given them. We're not all that impressed with how it's being handled, unfortunately. Which is sad since we have been playing these games for years. This isn't our first Elder Scrolls game, so it's just disappointing.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to this page, how many days of early access does it show?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild