The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loremaster’s Archive Q&A- Lost Depths & All Other Dungeon Lore

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Dhulef

I am a warden of the frost who is a fellow member of the mages guild. I had some inquiries about the druids of the systres in regards to the mysteries of my order.

druids seem to have similar practices to us wardens, though i wonder if my order split from the druids at some point in time. maybe it was some fundamental disagreement. i know my teacher was very lax about our order's rules, we prefered to study the connection between frost magic and the natural world where as others prefered to repair the damage that society has done to nature. what do we know about the factional splitting of the druidic orders? are wardens related? i don't know much of our order's history and have been looking for leads on the order's creation.

-Rime Frostwar
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 25, 2022 10:08PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Sir Dhulef!

It is my understanding Warlock Carindon of the Mages Guild had a run in with the changeling Selene, who controlled a tribe of almost feral Bosmer. As it appears likely that they did not serve her of their own free will, what kind of magic did Selene use to ensnare and control these unfortunate wood elves? For what purpose, at that?

I've heard the Guild sought out The Guardian's Eye, an Dwemer artifact of Volenfell, but I find very little on its origins. The famed treasure hunter Tharayya says it awakened undead that overran the ancient city, right before vanishing in her hands. Might you know what powers the Eye held, and if it was truly the Dwarves who created it?

When destroying the skull of his old pirate leader, Captain Blackheart of Blackheart Haven, Shifty Tom mentioned that his "new master has waited long enough" before disappearing. I've no idea what could motivate even an undead pirate to commit mutiny. Who was this "new master" the late Tom was referring to?

—Cyandor of Thornvenom
    Edited by TheRimOfTheSky on July 26, 2022 6:04PM
  • folder_rats
    folder_rats
    Soul Shriven
    Oi,
    I've heard whispers in the dark about a particular "dungeon", formally called the ancient libraries of Tholgamis [mentioned in TES Arena]. I wonder where this place is located in the world. And what its deal is, historically, and in the Common Era. Was it a lost Falmeri city of some kind or like a weirdo magick librarium?

- Guy Numbarune of the Cantemiric Rat Union
    Edited by folder_rats on July 26, 2022 5:23AM
  • LonelyStone
    LonelyStone
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings Dhulef,

Shortly after warlock Carindon solved the Crisis of Elden Tree, I went to that area known as the Lair of Maarselok.
    I'm surprised that there are such Khajiiti ruins in the mountain valleys of Tenmar. It is not hard to imagine how splendid the temple was before it was abandoned. Maybe it's not as good as Sunspire, but personally, I don't think it will be much too inferior. And this makes me wonder, why did Khajiit abandon this temple?
    I wonder if you know the histories of this area or temple, and could you tell me something?

Faustus Bloodskal, a Imperial-Nord mixed-blood adventurer and traveler
    Construct Moons-Tower! Dominate Mundus!
  • Chell_N7
    Chell_N7
    Soul Shriven
    Blackheart Haven
    Moongrave Fane

Good day, Dhule.

When I was rereading my old journal, I came across a note that after defeating Captain Blackheart, his first mate, Shifty Tom, said his "new master has waited long enough".

Considering all of disasters have happened across Tamriel over the past few years, could you please allay my concerns? Have you heard anything about Tom and his mysterious "new master" during your travels?

P.S. Sincerely hope to meet you in person in the future.
    P.P.S. Also have you ever met Chevalier Renald? Neither me, nor my fellows Undaunted have seen him since we came across him in a lair of the Hollowfang Clan.

— Michelle Andre, member of the Fighters Guild and Undaunted

OR

Moongrave Fane

Good day, Dhule.

Have you ever met Chevalier Renald during your travels? Neither me, nor my fellows Undaunted have seen him since we came across him in a lair of the Hollowfang Clan.

P.S. Sincerely hope to meet you in person in the future.

— Michelle Andre, member of the Fighters Guild and Undaunted
    Edited by Chell_N7 on July 26, 2022 4:12PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Dhulef.

Greetings, guildmate! I'm a researcher of vampirism and everything related to it. I heard that you might have firsthand knowledge of a Khajiit ruin called Moongrave Fane which was inhabited by a vampire clan named Hollowfang, who supposedly worship the Daedric Prince Sanguine, or Sangiin the Blood Cat as the Khajiit call him. Could you tell me more about them?
    I would appreciate anything. Are they granted their vampirism from said prince? Are they noticeable different from other vampires? Powers, weakness etc. I heard stories of unique blood magic!

Enthusiastically,
    Domina Vinicius, of the Mages Guild of Skingrad.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Dhulef,

Us Bosmer may have been assimilated into the Aldmeri Dominion, but that does not mean we have ceased to care for the Green.

One of our changelings, Selene, was abducted by one of your guildmates; the Warlock Carindon. I understand at the end of Lair of Maarselok, the Arch-Mage wanted to speak to him. I very much hope that he has been appropriately punished for his inhumane treatment of Selene.

I have been hunting for her, to see how she has recovered from such an ordeal, but I have not been able to find her.

I sincerely hope you know of her whereabouts - being other than in the hands of the green-forsaken warlock again!

I'll be waiting.

-Althhael
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks all for your questions! We are closing the thread and follow back up once we have some answers!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! We want to thank everyone again for submitting questions! Dhulef of the Mages Guild has come back with some answers. So we are opening the thread back up! You can find those in the article titled: Loremaster’s Archive—Tamriel’s Dungeons.

We also have an official discussion thread for Loremaster’s Archive—Tamriel’s Dungeons. We want to make sure anyone who did not comment in this thread also has a chance to at least read your questions as well. So feel free to jump between these two threads to engage in conversation.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those were some really interesting answers to a lot of good questions! Loved Dhulef's Shadowkey research.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this. Lots of detail, lots of food for thought. One of the best Archives ever done. Thanks for the effort!
    Legoless wrote: »
    Loved Dhulef's Shadowkey research.

This! Shivers.