The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP gain should deteriorate if you only go to the same spot.

AwakeOhSleeper
AwakeOhSleeper
✭✭✭
Make a timer so that if you’re only attacking one Faction or sitting at one resource that your ap gains deteriorate to 0… that will eliminate about 3/4 of your complaints on these forums. “Trash Can builds in Pariah and stage 3 vamp exploiting glade tower and the fact that ZoS can not figure a hitbox out?” They getting no ap now, they’ll leave.

PS NA Greyhost where it is literally whatever pop vs EP 100% of the time and the ap alliances only fight each other over nickel twice a day,? They can still six bar you, but they’re not getting ap for it.

You will have your trolls that still do it, but they’ll need to leave at some point to get actual ap for camps or funds for potions etc
Edited by AwakeOhSleeper on July 19, 2022 2:55PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a timer so that if you’re only attacking one Faction or sitting at one resource that your ap gains deteriorate to 0… that will eliminate about 3/4 of your complaints on these forums. “Trash Can builds in Pariah and stage 3 vamp exploiting glade tower and the fact that ZoS can not figure a hitbox out?” They getting no ap now, they’ll leave.

PS NA Greyhost where it is literally whatever pop vs EP 100% of the time and the ap alliances only fight each other over nickel twice a day,? They can still six bar you, but they’re not getting ap for it.

They can just rotate between keeps because every faction has keeps where you can hit it from resources. Plus AP does deteriorate over time. The more you kill a player the less ap they give you in return.
    If I lose AP from farming glademist mine tower, I go to warden mine tower. If I lose AP from kingscrest lumber, I go to arrius mine. If I lose AP from Faregyl lumber I go to bloodmayne lumbermill. You can hit every keep from all those resources and rotate them off which will completely defeat the purpose

The reason people hit from resource is because you get 2x the amount of AP ticks. You get an offensive kill tick and a defensive tick because you're "defending an objective".

I like using this resource method of getting people to fight because a lot of the time there's no movement on map despite the campaign having population. It's easier than following zerg train, because I play solo anyways, so getting action as a solo player can be difficult when you don't have a 25 man zerg target on my back

Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • AwakeOhSleeper
    AwakeOhSleeper
    ✭✭✭
    You’re missing the point it’s about people only playing one resource or fighting one faction. The stagnation you feel is because you only fight one faction and don’t have troll groups fighting on your rss, if the yellow ap ever went to your side of the map, it wouldn’t feel like that.

And also, let’s face it pimpin’ you’re not making real ap on your back bar running around those towers or in those mega zergs ; ) .

And finally you seem to be mistaken on what the current ap deterioration is: it comes from you killing the same people over and over and them not getting any kills themselves. If you were to farm them down to 1 ap per kill, then they went and wiped a group and then they came back and you killed them again: they would then be worth ap again.
    Edited by AwakeOhSleeper on July 19, 2022 3:41PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re missing the point it’s about people only playing one resource or fighting one faction. The stagnation you feel is because you only fight one faction and don’t have troll groups fighting on your rss, if the yellow ap ever went to your side of the map, it wouldn’t feel like that.

And also, let’s face it pimpin’ you’re not making real ap on your back bar running around those towers or in those mega zergs ; ) .

I play on every faction in blackreach and I've done it to all 3 factions before.

I just happen to be only able to do it on yellow in GH because its a pop locked server. I play literally solo and I don't do zerg gameplay so it doesn't really affect me either way. I just play pvp to fight players(dont care about the map at all) and resource farm is the quickest and easiest way to get action for a solo player who doesn't like following zergs. Just sit there with ballista and they show up eventually

And you do make ap because you don't always get zerged until you stay there for like 20 minutes or more, I usually can drop about 6+ people before they zone chat for a zerg to come show up
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players who camp certain places are typically more interested in provoking fights than they are in gaining AP, so I'm not sure punishing people for staying in the same spot would hurt the intended demographic.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP gain imho could have a % bonus if you fight against winning faction.
    ^ That way it will be actually harder to win a campaign and it may even counter night & morning capping to some degre, as the faction that is 1st on the scoreboards will be pushed to the gates during prime time.

Speaking of capping the map when enemy goes to sleep - the potential points gain per objective should be imho somehow based on population numbers. So if you capture empty keep when there is literally no one left do defend - then obviously it is easier task to do than capturing objectives when there are actual players defending those. So if the task is easier, then the reward should also be smaller. Risk & reward.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    AP gain imho could have a % bonus if you fight against winning faction.
    ^ That way it will be actually harder to win a campaign and it may even counter night & morning capping to some degre, as the faction that is 1st on the scoreboards will be pushed to the gates during prime time.

Speaking of capping the map when enemy goes to sleep - the potential points gain per objective should be imho somehow based on population numbers. So if you capture empty keep when there is literally no one left do defend - then obviously it is easier task to do than capturing objectives when there are actual players defending those. So if the task is easier, then the reward should also be smaller. Risk & reward.

I'd love this to happen but it will break the game. My duo often hits 300k AP/h defending against the nightcap and get several 50K+ ticks a day even without low pop bonus or delve buff. We don't really care about AP any more but optimising it pretty much becomes subconscious at this point. If there is a % bonus for bombing PvDoor nightcappers, on top of a low pop bonus, we'd be able to get 1M AP during a good hour. PvDoor guilds, ball zergs and tower humpers actually gain poor AP and there is no reason to believe that they primarily play for AP in the first place.