The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dark Convergence is a problem with groups

OnGodiDoDis
OnGodiDoDis
✭✭✭
I made a post a while ago about how DC was problematic, and I wanted to go deeper into the topic. This set is being run by almost half of AD and DC. Hence, this leaves an entire alliance (EP) that doesn't like to use Dark Convergence extremely handicapped. It shouldn't be that way. I should not be forced to run a specific proc set in order to be able to compete with someone else. There are so many sets out there for AoE builds, but DC completely outshines them all in terms of raw power. That's right, this set gets more people killed than Vicious Death and Plaguebreak. DC could do zero damage and people would still run it for the pull it generates. I understand that the pull is blockable. But the problem arises when a bunch of people are rotating DC and, on top of that, dropping negates. A negate paired with DC has no counter so far. You can block to not get pulled by DC, but the negate won't allow you to heal through the damage. A negate on a DC effectively pins people down in a location, giving the enemy absolutely control over anyone caught in the negate. On the other hand, if I decide to roll dodge to leave the negate, I will get pulled in by DC and die. It's ok to die. What is not ok is to give someone absolute control in the battlefield. The problem gets worse when you have people proc'ing the set with utility skills. Builds that have zero DPS and zero ability to kill anyone (tanks, healers) now have the power to kill. This sets procs with any skill that leaves an effect on the ground. When non-bomber builds can run DC, it gives bombers the freedom to equip sets that make their bombs more powerful. I was running around on my templar, running into enemy groups, and dropping my Channeled Focus (templar rune), proc'ing DC and getting people killed with just one skill. This skill gives me Major Resolve and restores magicka. There is no reason why DC should proc off this skill. Rework the proc conditions so that it only works with Ultimate ground effects that deal damage (caltrops, shards, nova, etc.) so that we don't have tanks and healers proc'ing DC with flare. Necromancer is the only class that truly requires this set for them to land their bombs effectively. DC would still proc from Colossus. It would be perfect if Necro was the only class that could make this set work. No other classes require the AoE stun. This would be like Caluurion's to Nightlade, or Scathing Mage to templar. Speaking of flare, since it is so widely accessible, it too allows people to proc DC from range. This set is too powerful to have no risks implemented on it. The Psijic skill Time Stop has a cast time and a 3 second animation. The destro ultimate Ice Storm (this immobilizes every tic) has a huge cost. The Warden Immobilizing Shards were nerfed long ago because a ranged AoE immobilize was "overpowered". Where is the balance in Dark Convergence? It is certainly manageable when the there is only one DC caster, but 10+ is outrageous.
Edited by OnGodiDoDis on July 20, 2022 3:56PM