The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Etiquette question

Onomog
Onomog
✭✭✭
Is using block to signify truce a thing?
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not everyone will accept it.
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks. Couldn't remember if it was a thing at all vs something some folks ignore.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^____ if those are the only two choices then it’s definitely something most folks ignore. I wouldn’t count on being left alone or even being granted a 1v1 by anyone I don’t already know.
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on context, for example most people wouldn't just ignore you if you are taking resources or trying to back out of a fight when it's starting to go bad. However, when I fished in Cyrodiil many would flash block at each other and then ignore the other player. Of course some players just see someone they think is an easy kill and go for it.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually block followed by putting weapons away. Usually happens if a 1v1 last a long time, and they want to go back to what they were doing.
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. When I go to Cyrodill I'm generally gathering, fishing, or trying to use the crafting stations. I can defend myself if necessary but was wondering if there was something I could signal that I'm not there for the war. I guess the short answer is not to expect folks to heed the white flag and to keep my head on a swivel and stay on my toes
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Most Players in Cyrodiil dont want competitive fights, they only want easy kills. They will Gank starters orZerg solo players, knowing exactly that their victims dont want to fight 1vX. If you show them you dont want to fight them they will try to kill you even more.
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    Are there diminishing returns for killing the same person?
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    Onomog wrote: »

Try blocking and jumping, but if the other person knows they can kill you in a 1v1, they will likely go for it anyway.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. When I go to Cyrodill I'm generally gathering, fishing, or trying to use the crafting stations. I can defend myself if necessary but was wondering if there was something I could signal that I'm not there for the war. I guess the short answer is not to expect folks to heed the white flag and to keep my head on a swivel and stay on my toes

I would recommend getting some invis pots.
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

Seems prudent. Either way, though, I'll have to accept the ganking as the cost of living when I go to Cyrodill

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

call me crazy - but - i've found big toons wearing scary gear tend to get bothered less riding around cyrodiil and getting engaged in a fight away from a war objective...

down in some dark delve, no one's messing with you when you're wearing a xivkyn poly...
    tumblr_pcnv6maCth1vlo38vo1_1280.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

Seems prudent. Either way, though, I'll have to accept the ganking as the cost of living when I go to Cyrodill

wear heavy defensive sets, slot radiant magelight, quickslot a health draught, block, roll dodge, stay in stealth, add health to your build...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, never knew this was a thing.

I usually start bunny hopping and just run away.

Or if people run off and are clearly not trying to engage, after we've been futilely beating on each other for a minute, I tend to let them go and find someone else to beat on.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)