The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Access Invalid error

cptscotty
cptscotty
✭✭✭
When starting up the client today after the server taked-own last night the client is asking me to Repair my game. Same for PTS. Also getting a popup with an error saying Access Invalid. First time having an issue like this. Running the "Repair" right now.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    The client went through and did multiple verification/download steps then finished and the "play" button was permanently greyed out for a few minutes. Restarted the client and now both the Regular and PTS versions of the game are accessible with no error popups. The client and PC had been left on and running for over 4 hours before trying to play the game today, so I am unsure as to why it didnt do this earlier or why it needed to do so in the first place. This is the first time after an update/server-reset this happened so figured Id mention it on here as an alert.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I am noticing after the update and the issue I experienced is that when alt-tabbing back and forth into the game there is a delay now. When going back to the game it is frozen for a few seconds before the game reloads and stuff starts moving again. Seems to be hung up on something now where before it wasnt. The longer I am alt-tabbed...the longer the frozen stutter lasts before it loads back in.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    After testing the delay I am noticing it is more pronounced whenever there is an NPC talking that causes the subtitles to show up. After one of the delays I noticed a subtitle showing up and staying on my screen even when I went to a new location and then ported to a new solo instance. Had to /reloadui to get the subtitle to remove. Guessing one of the calls to remove didnt trigger because something is getting stuck.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @cptscotty

Could you provide a screenshot showing the error message popping up?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a few days since I posted that. Didnt take any screenshots of the client and desktop. Moved on to test some other things. Looked like a generic Access Invalid error pop up.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    7fg1x7c066a0.png

I do get this a lot. 100% with greyed out play button and have to restart. Checked task manager and no running instance of the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @cptscotty

Being unable to launch after hitting the "Play" button in the launcher may be a permissions issue. Check your anti-virus settings and make sure the correct exceptions have been setup.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file. When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post