The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blue CP broken after todays patch

Woeler
Woeler
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I was spending the reset blue CP today, and then this happened. This is on pc-eu, live. I first thought it was a visual bug, but I can actually spend these points and confirm it. I now have all blue stars unlocked. So, yea, probably a bug.

592kw4tl8fon.png
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fine to me 🙃🤫
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of my blue CP (slotted) have been deslotted too
    Strange.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on July 18, 2022 4:45PM
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they will be reset yet again. What a good experience to reassign them on every single character so many times...
    Edited by tonyblack on July 18, 2022 4:48PM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another attempt at reducing the skill gap. :D

@Youyouz06 it was announced in the patch notes.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

starmap2.png

eta: NA server
    Edited by radiostar on July 18, 2022 4:53PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that many available CP, but the two delotted CP is a head's up for people wondering why they are either not doing enough or taking too much damage ;)

Weird bug.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I filled out my starchart, so don't be mad, Z. You gifted me!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update, it keeps getting weirder
    n24215jtfkyt.png
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    that's an old bug actually back from when they introduced the armory. think it's pretty easy to fix yourself and mostly a display issue, should be enough threads about it from the past around if someone wants to look it up how (don't remember atm).
    Edited by Krym on July 18, 2022 4:55PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Krym wrote: »
    that's an old bug actually back from when they introduced the armory. think it's pretty easy to fix yourself and mostly a display issue, should be enough threads about it from the past around if someone wants to look it up how (don't remember atm).

After I relogged twice, my cp were reset properly. Before that, this was definitely not just a display issue. I could use, unlock and confirm every single perk in the blue tree.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, looking forward to another full CP reset on all characters...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you for raising this, @Woeler - to confirm for everyone, we are investigating this.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i told a player in my guild with the same issue to restart game and it fixed it. so try it first
  • honestaly
    honestaly
    I've resetarted the game multiple times.
    It has to do apparently with Bulwark to some degree. All of my tanks got it... but my dedicated DPSs did not.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was for this. From today's patch notes:

Refunded any Champion Points spent in skills that received cost changes with the High Isle update to fix an issue where you were unable to spend or adjust points in those skills. The affected skills are listed below, but please note that all subsequent Champion nodes have also been refunded.

Biting Aura
    Deadly Aim
    Duelist’s Rebuff
    Enduring Resolve
    Fighting Finesse
    Ironclad
    Master-at-Arms
    Occult Overload
    Thaumaturge
    Unassailable
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It now looks like there has been a full CP reset - although has anything actually changed in the structure of the CP trees?
    Edited by jle30303 on July 18, 2022 6:46PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I remember this one xD
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    It now looks like there has been a full CP reset - although has anything actually changed in the structure of the CP trees?

No. The reset was to ensure that people would (and could) remove their points from stars changed last patch and in which they might not have had the new prerequisite of 25 points instead of 10 points to satisfy the first stage. It didn't change anything about the structure of the CP trees.
    davapoole wrote: »
    i told a player in my guild with the same issue to restart game and it fixed it. so try it first

You can temporarily fix the 65535 CP issue, but it's repeatable and exploitable. That means they're going to have to fix it on their end, which will almost certainly require another reset of CP to ensure no one keeps that 65k invested.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I hope it doesn't take to long to get it fixed - I have stuff I need to get done (lots of combat for one thing) before U35 lands.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Well, I hope it doesn't take to long to get it fixed - I have stuff I need to get done (lots of combat for one thing) before U35 lands.

Same here. I need to knock out some dungeon achivements before everyone stops running them. :/

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    jle30303 wrote: »

No. The reset was to ensure that people would (and could) remove their points from stars changed last patch and in which they might not have had the new prerequisite of 25 points instead of 10 points to satisfy the first stage. It didn't change anything about the structure of the CP trees.
    davapoole wrote: »

You can temporarily fix the 65535 CP issue, but it's repeatable and exploitable. That means they're going to have to fix it on their end, which will almost certainly require another reset of CP to ensure no one keeps that 65k invested.

I just got the same error. I put the points into the four arms at the top right and applied them plus several others in the blue tree, and then it now says that I have 65575 points for the blue! :o
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s a new armor set:

“When your CP reaches 65533, gain a persistent stack of Combat Balance. When you reach 5 stacks, gain Aura of Adjustment for 49,710 days. Your light and heavy attacks will now do ‘bout tree fiddy less damage until the timer runs out.”
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caro's Skill and Champion Point Saver is a great addon for times like these. I just save my profile on each character every couple of weeks or so and when things like this happen I can load and apply the saved profile. It sure saved me a lot of time today resetting the missing blue champion points.

(All my characters were just missing 140 champion points each.)
    Edited by SilverBride on July 19, 2022 12:45AM
    PCNA
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now it says that I have 39 Blue points to place. I'm so confused. :/
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not looking right now. Once it's "fixed" I'll deal with it. Need it fixed ASAP, ZOS.... You're not making my life easier in U35, so I NEED this fixed. Tomorrow is NOT too soon.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Refunded any Champion Points spent in skills that received cost changes with the High Isle update to fix an issue where you were unable to spend or adjust points in those skills. The affected skills are listed below, but please note that all subsequent Champion nodes have also been refunded.
    It was a bug when several listed nodes were reduced in the 8.0.5 update, which they also gave a dev comment for:
    Currently, many of the slotted stars that don't require much engagement are significantly stronger than many of their more unique counterparts. Rather than introducing an arms race and injecting power creep to the system, we've targeted the outliers to draw back some of their impact to make them more in line with where we expect while giving a tiny bump to some other stars.
    Unfortunately, the change in cost from 10x5 to 25x2 ended up making some people unable to put CP into those stars unless those stars were reset. That's why it needed to be done.

Now yes, they could have given a bit of warning that we could have written down our CP (or used an addon to back it up), but they were fairly transparent about why this needed to be done.
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 19, 2022 2:55AM
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caro's Skill and Champion Point Saver is a great addon for times like these. I just save my profile on each character every couple of weeks or so and when things like this happen I can load and apply the saved profile. It sure saved me a lot of time today resetting the missing blue champion points.

(All my characters were just missing 140 champion points each.)

Thanks for the reminder/info. I used that before the last big CP change and wish I'd used it prior to today. Two of my slottables and a bunch of CP was missing from my blue tree. Without someone else noticing their tree had been wiped and the forum post on it, no telling how long I'd have gone without realizing it. Assigning CP is one of my least favorite things to do because it basically requires you to either write every point down ahead of time, constantly tab in and out, or to use second machine all while scanning an unfamiliar tree looking for the right skill to spend points on.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any ETA???
    Just reasign blue CP (Duelist’s Rebuff, Enduring Resolve, Ironclad, Unassailable) on my tank just because i need tank when tanking... and BAM... (when I reasign CP on DDs nothing happened so then I discovered this topic here when i reasgin CPs on tank)
    8c0tlcp10908.jpg
    Sooo some emergency hotfix or we just can't play two weaks and just wait for next patch maintenence?
    Edited by davidtk on July 19, 2022 8:27AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »
    Now it says that I have 39 Blue points to place. I'm so confused. :/

There's a list on what stars it reset in patch notes