Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Rooted vs Stunned vs Breakfree vs Roll

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
So....I'm confused on what goes with what. Several times in pvp I'll look like what appears to be taking a knee....I hit my key for breakfree and nothing happens. Several times. I'm full up on stamina. Am I rooted instead of stunned? Or the other way around? Help.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taking a knee is a hard stun and has to be broken free. Unfortunately the game doesn't always work when trying to do so. That's just eso being eso. Being rooted just means you will be standing but can't move for a few seconds, and a dodge roll will get rid of it.
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can use skills but not move from the spot you're rooted -> use roll dodge
    If you can't use any skills and also not move -> use break free

However since you mentioned pvp it's possible that your issues comes from either lag, or/and you're getting hit with multiple stuns so the instant you break free you're stunned again so it looks like you never broke free to start with.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...very helpful!