Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please stop Locking items behind Crown Crates

xFocused
xFocused
✭✭✭✭
I will never, ever understand this way of thinking that Zos has. I'd honestly spend more money in the crown store if you'd let me just purchase crowns and then spend them on the items I want. Why do I have to trust this God awful RNG system for a mount or skin? Zos should just follow the Fortnite method with V-bucks. They would still make their money, easily and overall, I think players would be happy if we could just purchase the items outright. Just wanted to vent after (stupidly) buying crates tonight and getting absolutely nothing worthwhile in them
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    Just put a price tag on your items. Cash tag

Really, it's microtransactions to make $300 plus for those apex mounts being sold. Half of them are reskinned. Hell at least have the balls to add flying mounts if you are going to do this disgusting practice.
    I just want man flesh.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maul_Rat wrote: »
    Just put a price tag on your items. Cash tag

Really, it's microtransactions to make $300 plus for those apex mounts being sold. Half of them are reskinned. Hell at least have the balls to add flying mounts if you are going to do this disgusting practice.

Absolutely agree with you.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people keep saying they would spend more on the crown store if they could outright purchase things, but, in these very forums there are outrage posts when a mount costs 40$. So, I highly doubt these claims would hold true, and people would just complain when they have to spend 100$ for something they used to get in crown crates.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I know people keep saying they would spend more on the crown store if they could outright purchase things, but, in these very forums there are outrage posts when a mount costs 40$. So, I highly doubt these claims would hold true, and people would just complain when they have to spend 100$ for something they used to get in crown crates.

See I think it would be the other way around if they just tried it for a bit. The RNG in these crown crates is absolutely horrible and there's 0 excuse for it. You end up buying the 15 pack of crates and 98% of the items in them are low tier junk. Something needs to be implemented or changed
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭

I already do that for houses and would do the same for mounts. The only difference is that mounts in crown crates will then become cheaper and take the gambling element out of the equation.
    I just want man flesh.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maul_Rat wrote: »

I already do that for houses and would do the same for mounts. The only difference is that mounts in crown crates will then become cheaper and take the gambling element out of the equation.

Agreed. If Zos would just allow us to purchase crowns similar to how Fortnite sells V-bucks in exchange for their store items, I would definitely buy crowns for mounts, outfits, skins, etc...I've been burned way too many times by the RNG on these crown crates where 98% of the items that drop are potions, poisons or the latter.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I'm giving my money gladly for stuff I want in the game, how is that a bad thing for them? lol. Same with the crown gems now. I play the game for many hours on a daily level, and I still don't have any crown gems to even remotely buy some of those items. If I'm gladly giving you my money, why make it so difficult to have certain things?
    Xbox X- NA
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently there are players who spend lots of money on crown crates so until that stops, they won't change it.

I wish loot boxes would be made illegal worldwide like they are in select countries. It's a despicable business tactic.

But the real problem are the players that spend money on them. You can find plenty of youtube videos of players opening hundreds of crates. There was a post on the forums recently where someone opened hundreds of them... it's sad.
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    There was a post on the forums recently where someone opened hundreds of them... it's sad.

243 crates i worked out the maths it was approximately $960 converted to AUD.

]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They make more money on Crown Crates, I'm afraid. At least that's what they believe. It's a grey area that every big company is cashing in on, and though I can't guarantee with a 100% certainty, but I am convinced that in 10 years time, this kind of micro-transaction will be banned in most if not all countries. It's already banned in a number of European countries. It's gambling, and preys on addiction. This system should not be in the game, at least it shouldn't be in the game as something you pay for. If you could not pay for spins at all, but could earn spins in-game, and then had the option to buy items from the pool for crowns, it would be less of an issue. But the deceptive nature of the loot box system is predatory, and will someday be a thing that we look back on as something malicious.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not disagreeing but just pointing out those items being locked behind crown craters are part of what drives the sale of crown crates.

Yes, I would prefer being able to choose to purchase an item outright even if it means mounts would be 20k crowns or more, as an example. But that is not likely to happen any time soon.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I will never, ever understand this way of thinking that Zos has. I'd honestly spend more money in the crown store if you'd let me just purchase crowns and then spend them on the items I want. Why do I have to trust this God awful RNG system for a mount or skin? Zos should just follow the Fortnite method with V-bucks. They would still make their money, easily and overall, I think players would be happy if we could just purchase the items outright. Just wanted to vent after (stupidly) buying crates tonight and getting absolutely nothing worthwhile in them

i myself would be more likely to buy crowns if they slashed the prices because not everyone has hundreds of dollars to spend, im lucky to pay for my Xbox live and ESO plus every month, buying crowns in game ive been more burned then successful. Sometime less is more, by opening the door to a whole other income level group of people who could buy at least 3-5k crowns to get something and make up for the price slash, because people can sell crown items by gifting people most people will buy the amount they planned to regardless.... its just frustrating seeing things ill never have any way of getting.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Totally agree. I'm giving my money gladly for stuff I want in the game, how is that a bad thing for them? lol. Same with the crown gems now. I play the game for many hours on a daily level, and I still don't have any crown gems to even remotely buy some of those items. If I'm gladly giving you my money, why make it so difficult to have certain things?

This 100%. Even with the seals of endeavors...I never have enough for the big ticket items, they cost so much.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My rule is this: If it's not available for crowns and is instead a random crown crate reward I'm not interested. I don't care how flashy it is (and I actually dislike the flashy mounts anyway), if I can't purchase it outright I'm not interested.

Haven't bought a single crown crate and don't intend to start. I'm not a gambler. I have plenty of money to spend, even waiting on expensive Pantherfang Chapel to come around again, but not a single dime will be spent on crates.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    My rule is this: If it's not available for crowns and is instead a random crown crate reward I'm not interested. I don't care how flashy it is (and I actually dislike the flashy mounts anyway), if I can't purchase it outright I'm not interested.

Haven't bought a single crown crate and don't intend to start. I'm not a gambler. I have plenty of money to spend, even waiting on expensive Pantherfang Chapel to come around again, but not a single dime will be spent on crates.

I'm pretty much at that point. If I get a gift card for Christmas, Birthday, etc...I'll consider buying crates but the RNG is so awful that I just can't see myself giving them more money towards them.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no I won't even consider buying crates. Anything available in crates but not for crowns may as well not exist.