The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High isle public dungeons - Coral Haj Mota Pet

flynntribe
Is anyone else having a issue with getting Coral Haj Mota Decoys from the Spire Of The Crimson Coin and Coral Haj Mota Lures from Ghost Haven Bay since this zone dropped I have been farming and have barely gotten any drops.past public dungeons would have been completed by now. Did ESO make the drops so painful that it’s taking away the fun of farming & grinding this to completion
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 16, 2022 2:39AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    We have moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

Regards,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did full completions and quest for my 18 toons and ended up with maybe 3 - 4 of each and noped right out of that potential grind at least for now. The items drop, but at a rate that requires a rather excessive amount of farming or buying from others. That's not necessarily bad, but just not something I'm interested in doing if there is pretty much anything else I could do instead.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I did my slow quest run (killing all mobs, bosses- checking every room etc) I got 2 drops from the last 2 mob waves at the end.

So drop rate may be low, but I can at least confirm, that there is no hidden cooldown between drops and that they have a good chance to drop from mobs too.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reigniting this to say the drop rate on these is still awful, and made worse by the humdrum dungeons themselves. Crimson coin has very few decent add clusters and poor loops, while ghost haven Bay has okay loops but some of the most annoying adds to farm (cc nuisances like creepers, hackwings).

And all for another pet that no one will use, because we already have over a hundred.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I started tryng to get this pet.
    You need 50 - fifty drop to get it.
    To get one drop you have to waste so much time mindlessly killing trash mobs.
    No fun in it. No interesting mechanic in. Just numb boring grind.

Then I thought, how much time would I need to spend here doing this boring thing to get 50 pieces to get this pet?
    Then i closed ESO and started another game.

If you think that this is the way to engage people in your game you are sorely mistaken and should rethink your approach.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're supposed to find some and buy some. This is how all rare drops work in this game. They design it so there is a market between players who already have enough or aren't interested in collecting and those who want more of the drop.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    So I started tryng to get this pet.
    You need 50 - fifty drop to get it.
    To get one drop you have to waste so much time mindlessly killing trash mobs.
    No fun in it. No interesting mechanic in. Just numb boring grind.

Then I thought, how much time would I need to spend here doing this boring thing to get 50 pieces to get this pet?
    Then i closed ESO and started another game.

If you think that this is the way to engage people in your game you are sorely mistaken and should rethink your approach.

all new dungeon collectibles needed 50 items

though in this case its dividing the 50 items between the 2 public dungeons, so 25 in one dungeon and 25 in the other

the increased chance at first collectible drop in each dungeon per day is really really helpful for adding them up without trying to excessively farm it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    There is cooldown I belive. Some unexplainable magic makes me to find 1 fragment in each dungeon quick, like in first minute or up to 5. But when I tried to get another fragment I never had it. After made such 3 attempts I decided to just go there for 1 fragment each day. I told that case to another guy who had the turtle and he confirmed that he had same progress.
    Edited by Trundik on November 17, 2023 11:11PM