The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cadwells silver cannot be abandoned?

OctaviusXXII
OctaviusXXII
Soul Shriven
Hello!
I'm not sure why this isn't an option to do but i cannot abandon Cadwell's silver from my journey. I would prefer if we could do this as I want to experience the stories with other characters and for its sort of annoying just seeing it there not being able to go away.
I've tried contacting the support team to see if they can remove it for me but im not sure if that will work.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware cadwells silver and cadwells gold cannot be abandoned because there is no place to "pick it up" again

the only way to "remove" it would be to actually complete the requirements for it to clear it from the list
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with the main quest (which it's kind of part of)

Once you've done the other stories on different characters you can then go back and do them all on the one toon. In fact you have to if you want cadwells helmet and the soul shriven crafting motif.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's frustrating that the main quest can't be abandoned either, I had a bug in god of schemes and because I couldn't retake the quest I had to just deal. Lame
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's frustrating that the main quest can't be abandoned either, I had a bug in god of schemes and because I couldn't retake the quest I had to just deal. Lame

If you open a ticket they will eventually "fix" the character for you. There are some other ways of dealing with that quest bugging out too that people have found *over the years*. Yes the bug is that old....
    Too many toons not enough time