The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

U35 are light attack focused builds just dead?

Xenite
Xenite
✭✭✭
I have a couple light attack builds I really enjoy, one is a DK werewolf build around Molag Kena/Blood Moon and Belharza mythic.

Has anyone tested such builds on PTS... with the nerf to light attacks I don't see how such builds could remain viable. :(
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even a full heavy attack build is getting flat nerfed about 50% of where it is now (empower + using 2 sets that boost heavy + maelstrom staff)

i wouldnt hold out much hope for a light attack build either, if nothing changes during the pts
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs across the board are so many and so bad that I don't think changing builds will matter that much. It's that bad. It's not just LA, it's HA attacks, class abilities, healing, lightening staff, ranged attacks, and resource management. All getting nerfed. I don't think there will be any corner left to hide in. I don't know what the devs think they are doing but helping average players (in any way at all) isn't in this update.

The better-than-average players will most likely be fine, they are the ones who understand the meta best. They will be able to adjust. The rest of us, not so much.

Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on July 15, 2022 8:14PM
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    The better-than-average players will most likely be fine, they are the ones who understand the meta best. They will be able to adjust. The rest of us, not so much.

Biggest problem I see is that they are lowering DPS overall, not bringing the high and low ends closer together. I really appreciate the extended DOT duration, I spend so much time flipping bars just to reapply them. But why do they need to nerf the overall damage 30%?

Sure they are bringing down high end DPS with LA weaving, but all builds and play styles that use LA/HA/Dots get hammered. They are bringing down lower end DPS just as much. They put Oakensoul in the game to allow for more simplified easier to use builds and then nerf it so severely it will be subpar to all two bar builds.

This feels like it has nothing to do with polarity or balance between high and low ends and more to do about nerfing damage overall for everyone.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenite wrote: »

Biggest problem I see is that they are lowering DPS overall, not bringing the high and low ends closer together. I really appreciate the extended DOT duration, I spend so much time flipping bars just to reapply them. But why do they need to nerf the overall damage 30%?

Sure they are bringing down high end DPS with LA weaving, but all builds and play styles that use LA/HA/Dots get hammered. They are bringing down lower end DPS just as much. They put Oakensoul in the game to allow for more simplified easier to use builds and then nerf it so severely it will be subpar to all two bar builds.

This feels like it has nothing to do with polarity or balance between high and low ends and more to do about nerfing damage overall for everyone.

Yeah I think this is really a power creep adjustment patch more than anything else. (With some PVP sops added, they have been asking for healing nerfs for a long time). I don't know why they don't just come out and say if that's what it is.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afaik, WW didn't get any special scale to LA/HA. Atm, only templars have some benefits for WW via Burning light, since it can proc from LAs.

If it remains unchanged, WWs will turn into role play stuff for questing, with some exceptions like heavy damage enchant builds (Torugs + Heartland + Oakensoul).
    Options
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah almost all my builds are going to be inadequate next patch. I don't like using spammables.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the current pts setup you might as well just hold block all day because light attacks are worthless. That will depend how they tune it. Waiting to see if bash builds become the new meta when they nerf everything else to crap 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Vilhone
    Vilhone
    The game is too easy anyway some dmg nerfing is in order. I have not played any trials so i dont know about that. Random dungeons are pull everything untill boss then aoe and pull for next boss. Maybe dont nerf the dmg but give mobs more health. Id like to have a rotation on aoe packs and other than bosses which die too fast aswell.
    Options
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilhone wrote: »
    The game is too easy anyway some dmg nerfing is in order. I have not played any trials so i dont know about that. Random dungeons are pull everything untill boss then aoe and pull for next boss. Maybe dont nerf the dmg but give mobs more health. Id like to have a rotation on aoe packs and other than bosses which die too fast aswell.

Well trials have some boss instantly wipe the entire group if you don't do enough damage
    Options