The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest: The Gate to Quagmire / Scroll?

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello

I'm stuck in quest: The Gate to Quagmire in Stormhaven. I can't reach the quest marker showing where to pick up the Scroll of Dream Trapping. It starts to upset me, and before to rage abandon the quest, I prefer to ask for some help.

I have to collect the Scroll of Dream Trapping. I have a quest marker on map, north of Moonlit Maw. Just, I can't go to the location. I have searched around Moonlit location, maybe a cavern entry into the mountain somewhere, but nothing. I have then tried if I could go to it from farther west side, no way. So I also tried from east side, even tentatively from Norvulk Ruins delve... No way again. So I did enter the Moonlit Maw, but there was no more quest marker showing up, so I did exit again... And I'm out of idea where to try next.

Would anyone by chance recall how it is possible to reach the location of the scroll and explain to me? Thank you in advance.

On a side note, that's exactly that type of things that is so badly annoying me, that it made me stop doing quests a long while ago. Call it bad luck to land on such one the firs ttime I find some courage to take again a quest... :D
Edited by DreamyLu on July 14, 2022 2:37PM
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for double posting, but just to inform: I finally found it. It's within the cavern of Moonlit Maw (upstairs). The trick is simply to ignore the quest marker, that wrongly "jumps" to the cavern entry once you're inside, and appears as if it's wrong to be inside the cavern. I was relying on it and that's what confused me, as I was leaving the cavern and the marker was then jumping back as if I could go north of the Moonlit Maw... But no, it's not possible. So, once you enter the cavern, ignore quest marker, stay inside cavern and head to the back of it. Scroll is right side at the back of the cavern.

Issue closed. :)
    Edited by DreamyLu on July 19, 2022 12:36PM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options