The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are some of the outfits/gear sets sold in the Crown Store only available there?

GQManOfTheYear
GQManOfTheYear
✭✭✭
Are some of the outfits/gear sets sold in the Crown Store only available there? Meaning are they farmable/available through gameplay? I ask because it's confusing and doesn't really specify it's only available in the crown store, like the Silver Dawn Style and Honor Guard Style looks like something that's farmable because it's a style book/has motif pages but it doesn't say it's only available in the crown store.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the stuff that's available in game will show as 'uncollected' in the Collections menu and will include a note how to unlock it. Pretty well all of the costumes/outfit styles/cosmetics from the Crown Store are unique to the store. (Note: outfit style != crafting motif style. Outfit styles are only in the outfit system, the crafting motifs will unlock those styles in the outfit system but also can be used to craft gear in that style directly)

The Crafing Motifs on the other hand are all available in-game, with the exception of #43: Grim Harlequin, #46: Frostcaster, and #53: Tsaesci - those three are only available from the Crown Store during limited time events. The rest can be farmed form various locations, and the store tooltip will tell you where (though you can also find them at guild traders).
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note on terminology: there are no gear sets sold in the crown store. All of the items you can buy there are purely cosmetic with no stats of their own (there has been one exception but that was...exceptional). Costumes are one-piece overlays for your armour, outfit styles are used in the outfit station to reskin armour and weapons and motifs are used either as outfit styles or to craft items which actually have that skin (which is needed for grandmaster crafting writs and allows you to have an additional 'outfit' by customising what you're actually wearing.)

Costumes and outfit styles (and other cosmetics like mounts and pets) which are sold in the crown store are not available in-game. There are costumes and outfit styles you can get in-game but they're different to the crown store ones.

On the other hand the majority of motifs are available in-game, there's only been 3 or 4 crown store exclusive ones.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also new player tip:

The expensive armour sets you can buy from the crown store are hugely overpriced compared to how easy they are to collect in game (or purchase for gold at traders). I always assumed the price is intentionally prohibitive because of the game economy, so that farming motifs from dungeons to sell them on traders is still a viable way to earn gold, which would probably cease to exist if they were cheap on the store.

So if you buy things from the store, remember that motifs (apart from those 4 exclusives) and furniture (I think 90-95% of it is craftable) are both hugely overpriced and you'd be better off spending crowns on other things.

Same goes for werewolf/vampire bites as well as consumables, they're all relatively easy to obtain in game.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also new player tip:

The expensive armour sets you can buy from the crown store are hugely overpriced compared to how easy they are to collect in game (or purchase for gold at traders). I always assumed the price is intentionally prohibitive because of the game economy, so that farming motifs from dungeons to sell them on traders is still a viable way to earn gold, which would probably cease to exist if they were cheap on the store.

So if you buy things from the store, remember that motifs (apart from those 4 exclusives) and furniture (I think 90-95% of it is craftable) are both hugely overpriced and you'd be better off spending crowns on other things.

Same goes for werewolf/vampire bites as well as consumables, they're all relatively easy to obtain in game.

that's debatable on your platform tbh. Like on xbox you can buy Fargrave guardian motif out the crown store with gold for 500k (100 gold to 1 crown) meanwhile in traders the chestpiece alone was going for like 300k. It's the same for any new motif. Buying it with crown for gold is just way to go.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most if not all of the motifs that cost 5k crowns are obtainable in game.

There are a lot of costumes and armor styles (like imperial champion) that are available only from the crown store, which is a shame.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't found on a trader a single motif I've looked for for a sealed writ. Not a single one. I've had some sealed writs for years now because I can't find the motif lol.