The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else having problems with textures loading since the last update?

Lebkuchen
Lebkuchen
✭✭✭✭✭
When i am riding to Fasaria in Belkarth/Craglorn, to do my daily quest for the Zeal of Zenithar Event, textures of other players take 10-20 seconds to load, and i have to wait a few more seconds for the NPCs to spawn.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 12, 2022 1:46AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the overcrowding due to the event. I haven't found any such problems in other zones with normal populations.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, PCNA: it takes longer than usual for textures to load (especially in the Belkarth festival area), NPCs remain as dark silhouettes for 1 to 2 minutes, and consequently I can't speak to the quest giver right away, and have to wait for everything to load properly. The textures on the steps of the Belkarth wayshrine were also also blurred as well.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turning off multithreaded rendering seemed to fix this but it kills FPS too much.
  • Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since 1 month before deploying High Isle the game has been meeh. Sometimes unplayable, but mostly just impossible to enjoy. Lotsa dcs, crashes. The fps 1 month ago was fine, used to have around 50-60, now the game is just barely playable, fps dropping, really awful. Missing, not synched sounds, random loading screens. Reinstalled the whole Win10, the whole game, reduced drastically the number of addons, added game to exceptions, flushed dns, graphics driver updated. Now it seems to be time to flush the game. Asked some friends i use to play with on daily basis, they are thinking on doing the same, or at least ice the game for some time.
    Edited by Highstake on July 12, 2022 2:18AM
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that i can not find a way do discuss this with others in this forum. Somehow my posts do not reach the players or employees that could solve the issues i am experiencing. I am glad some of you even found this post and replied, but it would be nice if more people could see this and someone could reply with useful information. But i have no idea how to do that.

I feel left alone when i have problems with the game.

When i am writing tickets, all i get are useless automated answers from a bot, and in this forum i feel like nobody has a clue what's happening. The homepage only has superficial and 90% useless information. Asking players in game is hard too, because of the chat system. Running around, spamming every ingame chat, and dealing with the consequences can be very exhausting.

I am not saying my questions are important, maybe the are stupid. But it would be nice if there was a place where i could go when i have issues with the game. Like in other games, i write a ticket, and some employee will help me find a solution. Or i use some search engine and an answer pops up somewhere. In this game not a single ticket was a good experience. Completely useless 100% of the time. And this forum seems to be empty too. At least when it comes to people trying to make the game work better.

I just want to play the game i am paying for. I thought i was buying a service where i could focus on playing the game. Instead i am trying to deal with bugs and performance issues every time i am trying to play, wasting time, because there is almost no official information, and i am too stupid to ask the right people.

Tldr: It is very hard to find reliable information and help in this game.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked in zonechat a couple of times, and other players have to wait for 1-2 minutes, or even longer before the questgiver spawns. So i guess i do not have to worry about my playstation anymore :)