The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Rematch option pleaze!

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I think it would be nice to have the possibility for a rematch against the player against whom one has lost.

This should go like when losing the match a question pops up asking if one wants a rematch. If so the other player gets the question whether he/she accepts that rematch. The rematch should of course count for player rank too.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're asking for the ability to manipulate your opponent (not randomly chosen) and have it count for ranking. That's exploitable, very easily.

If you want to rematch your opponent for fun (not rewards) you can already do that. Simply whisper them after the match and arrange it.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mh. I am asking to have one rematch against a previously randomly selected player. Maybe I am just too stupid to see how I could use this as an exploit. Maybe also because I don't care for exploits so much as exploiting stuff is no fun.

The other player was initially selected randomly. And if there is some fear one can limit the number of possible rematches to one.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I didn't have as many rematches as I've had. I know I've played the same person up to 4 times and it is not uncommon for it to be 2 of 3 times in a row.

It would be nice to have a button on screen at the end of play to offer a best 2 out of 3 though, that surely couldn't be exploited.

It would only come up at the end of a random match and once a player initiated it the other would have to agree.

It could also work for ranked matches as kind of a bet, who gets the best score to keep out of this? Do you think you could win a 2nd time and make more or would they run 2 on you and cause you to loose more than your initial win?

Edit: chances are good if you are looking to rematch a particular player, I've played many of the same players on multiple days sometimes with a few days in between. I don't think the population for Ranked matches is very good right now.
    Edited by Casdha on July 11, 2022 9:52AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options