Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

What good gear and builds for a tank/dps dragonknight

zellsantarellib14_ESO
So just tuned 50 a little bit ago and just working on the story quests right now to catch up on what's going on. I figure I would come back and do all the side quests later. The plan right now is to go through the story and then level up my crafting so I can make my own gear. However, after looking around and watching some vids I'm having a hard time knowing what gear or builds for that matter I should go with. I was thinking one bar would be my tank spec and the other would be my dps so I can switch off easily but from what I seen the second bar is part of the same build of the roll you're in. So, in other words I need two gear sets if I want to switch between tank and dps rolls.

That being said what are the time dps and tank builds should I be going for? Or at least the name of it so I can look it up online and try to do it myself. I did level faster doing dungons as dps but I was using sword and board and I felt like was being carried through and not doing any real damage. I'm trying to improve myself but not sure how to do it at this point so I am hoping some of you people can give me some ideas what I can or should do.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragons appetite every damage will do 200 or over damage per sec or whenever there is damafe
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For dpsing and tanking the 2nd bar is also for your role, yes. However, if you’re just planning on tanking normals or non dlc vets (dungeons) you can lean more into dps with a taunt and heal, maybe chains too. You can also use the armory if you want to tank or dps and save both builds. TankClub is a good resource for tanking, if you’re planning on going to trials or vet dlc dungeons.

Edit: oh I realized literally immediately after posting this that its a necro thread… well maybe someone will find it useful information anyway :,)
    Edited by Soarora on December 26, 2022 9:32PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!