Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plaguebreak is over-performing and causing people to leave Sub50 Icereach campaign

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sorry ZOS, but this should NOT be happening in a sub-50 campaign! A campaign that is supposed to be for learning how to PvP in an AvA setting. This kind of practice will only be hurtful for new players, and casual pvpers.

People from my guild have sent multiple reports to ZOS that Plaguebreak is overperforming in Icereach yet nothing is being done to solve this issue. No mention of it in the patch notes.. NOTHING.

7f1Ey5x.png
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving the sub 50 campaign is exactly what’s supposed to happen. You’re painting a picture of a bunch of noobs trying to learn but in fact your entire guild rolls and rerolls characters over and over again, don’t they? Re-using gold crafted gear to absolutely stomp anyone that is actually new. And you think plaguebreak is the problem?

    Sorry I know this is a bit of a trolly response but seriously come on… plaguebreak isn’t the problem. The problem is someone collected a set of item level 35 plaguebreak, golded it out, and uses it on every character they have.

    Plenty of people agree with you that plaguebreak overperforms. Icereach has nothing to do with it.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Leaving the sub 50 campaign is exactly what’s supposed to happen. You’re painting a picture of a bunch of noobs trying to learn but in fact your entire guild rolls and rerolls characters over and over again, don’t they? Re-using gold crafted gear to absolutely stomp anyone that is actually new. And you think plaguebreak is the problem?

    Sorry I know this is a bit of a trolly response but seriously come on… plaguebreak isn’t the problem. The problem is someone collected a set of item level 35 plaguebreak, golded it out, and uses it on every character they have.

    Plenty of people agree with you that plaguebreak overperforms. Icereach has nothing to do with it.

    No, I disagree with you. Should people leave Ravenwatch because it's a non-cp and no proc zone? Why should people leave Sub 50 on what bases? Yes my guild helps out a lot of new players to become well equipped with armor that they need to use for PVP. I don't see what you're trying to point out has anything to do with what I'm talking about... I don't run golden armor nor do I have golden jewelry and golden weapons. I run all purple. I don't think you've properly read my complaint...

    There should be absolutely no way that a proc set like plaguebreak should be doing this much damage in a sub-50 campaign.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

    No, I disagree with you. Should people leave Ravenwatch because it's a non-cp and no proc zone? Why should people leave Sub 50 on what bases? Yes my guild helps out a lot of new players to become well equipped with armor that they need to use for PVP. I don't see what you're trying to point out has anything to do with what I'm talking about... I don't run golden armor nor do I have golden jewelry and golden weapons. I run all purple. I don't think you've properly read my complaint...

    There should be absolutely no way that a proc set like plaguebreak should be doing this much damage in a sub-50 campaign.

    I don’t see the connection for your parallel, sorry. I play in ravenwatch because I don’t like proc sets. You should maybe leave icereach and come to ravenwatch as well. On the basis of… your very complaint.

    I’m sorry for accusing you of anything. That wasn’t fair. But I still think the problem with icereach is what I said it was… SOME people are there because they are legitimately new, but these people (and you as well, with your purple weapons,) are vastly outnumbered by sweaty twinks who’ve been rerolling characters and re-using sets of gold gear.

    Nobody sells sub level cp 160 gear on the traders. Seriously, where do you suppose somebody even got a matching set of plaguebreak all the same level? You’re dealing with the sweatiest players the game has to offer and you don’t even know it. Plaguebreak is the least of your problems.

    You should come to ravenwatch. Well really you SHOULD be allowed to stay there if you feel that’s where you belong and they should go somewhere else… but that’s not gonna happen, so you gotta do you.

    Pretty much everyone knows plaguebreak overperforms. It’s either going to get fixed or it’s not. But I don’t think it’s accurate to say it is an especially big problem in icereach. It’s the same problem… made to appear worse because the ones that have it are experienced try hards and the ones that don’t have purple weapons.

    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who even bothers golding their gear sub-50? I don't even bother upgrading my gear for like ten levels at a time, let alone gold it. Total waste of expensive resources.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^____ that’s because you play max level characters. If you think there aren’t people doing exactly what I’m saying you’re mistaken. I know because I got stuck in that rut myself for the first year of playing the game. You’d make a new toon, go on a skyshard hunting spree, then grind dawnbreaker while getting as little xp as possible… craft some gear to start, and level him entirely in cyrodiil. It was a sad day when that toon reached level 50. Weird, right? This was 4 or 5 years ago. I bet most of those same people are there still. Entire guilds doing this.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    ^____ that’s because you play max level characters. If you think there aren’t people doing exactly what I’m saying you’re mistaken. I know because I got stuck in that rut myself for the first year of playing the game. You’d make a new toon, go on a skyshard hunting spree, then grind dawnbreaker while getting as little xp as possible… craft some gear to start, and level him entirely in cyrodiil. It was a sad day when that toon reached level 50. Weird, right? This was 4 or 5 years ago. I bet most of those same people are there still. Entire guilds doing this.

    In the beginning, I always level'd my new characters through under 50 Cyrodiil. And of course, I would deck them out with at least blue gear. But I never had any intention of remaining there. Later, since under 50 was dead in Oceanic time zone, I began to do this through bgs. But again, my intention was to experience my character in pvp over pve, and as I gained experience, I would eventually level out. And yes, it was a bit sad for me, too.

    However, occasionally I would encounter a player who did seem to be completely golded. And I would watch them wreck nearly everyone and then quit the bg before it ended. Clearly it was to keep from gaining experience so that they could remain in under 50bgs for a much longer time solely for the purpose of wrecking newer players and I guess feeling "superior" for a short time in their lives. I don't think I would ever be able to purposely do this over and over.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    ^____ that’s because you play max level characters. If you think there aren’t people doing exactly what I’m saying you’re mistaken. I know because I got stuck in that rut myself for the first year of playing the game. You’d make a new toon, go on a skyshard hunting spree, then grind dawnbreaker while getting as little xp as possible… craft some gear to start, and level him entirely in cyrodiil. It was a sad day when that toon reached level 50. Weird, right? This was 4 or 5 years ago. I bet most of those same people are there still. Entire guilds doing this.

    I actually only have one character at CP levels, after all this time. The others are anywhere between 20 and 45 and used only for occasional battlegrounds or some Cyrodiil. I don't have a lot of time to play.

    Purple is as far as I'm willing to go with their gear, and usually just blue because they'll outgrow it. Once they're also in CP levels I can gear them properly. For now they make due, which is certainly not optimal but so what.
    Options
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be no proc's in under 50. Actually, players should be issued a standard set of gear that applies to all and adjusts to battle level. Oh wait? That would ruin the fun of the twinks that reroll Icereach over and over.

    I discourage new players I engage from even going there.
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    I'm sorry ZOS, but this should NOT be happening in a sub-50 campaign! A campaign that is supposed to be for learning how to PvP in an AvA setting. This kind of practice will only be hurtful for new players, and casual pvpers.

    People from my guild have sent multiple reports to ZOS that Plaguebreak is overperforming in Icereach yet nothing is being done to solve this issue. No mention of it in the patch notes.. NOTHING.

    7f1Ey5x.png

    Avoiding plague break is easy enough, and I'd say the set is working as intended. The reason why you get a 50k tick is because you had 20 people all stacked up on each other.


    Also, as a side note, u50 is not specifically for new players, but new characters.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    I've played the game for a little under 2 years now and be under no illusion and this is on both EU and NA severs (xbox) That U50's is where core groups of the same people dominate the maps and have done so for years. It is not because of Plaguebreak (or any other proc set) but because of changing into gold sets of armour/weapons every 2 - 4 lvls, At the very least changing into a golded out weapon every 5 levels will still give an unfair advantage providing you have skill to back it up.

    Someone with little skill or just tipping their toes into pvp has no chance, They are either devoured and ejected or manage to get into one of these groups and just becomes a meat shield. The problems in U50's are a lot deeper than just a few proc sets and removing the proc sets will solve nothing imo.

    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played the game for a little under 2 years now and be under no illusion and this is on both EU and NA severs (xbox) That U50's is where core groups of the same people dominate the maps and have done so for years. It is not because of Plaguebreak (or any other proc set) but because of changing into gold sets of armour/weapons every 2 - 4 lvls, At the very least changing into a golded out weapon every 5 levels will still give an unfair advantage providing you have skill to back it up.

    Someone with little skill or just tipping their toes into pvp has no chance, They are either devoured and ejected or manage to get into one of these groups and just becomes a meat shield. The problems in U50's are a lot deeper than just a few proc sets and removing the proc sets will solve nothing imo.

    And how would those new players do vs cp3000, monster sets and mythics? U50 is fine. New players are going to get recked regardless if they think they can solo.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why do players prefer CP/Proc campaigns over the non-CP/non-proc one.

    Plaguebreak/Dark Convergence/Nocturnal’s Ploy/....you name it... and on top of that add the unfair CP stacking that is going on ....

    it is beyond my comprehension why players prefer that.

    Options
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why do players prefer CP/Proc campaigns over the non-CP/non-proc one.

    Plaguebreak/Dark Convergence/Nocturnal’s Ploy/....you name it... and on top of that add the unfair CP stacking that is going on ....

    it is beyond my comprehension why players prefer that.

    Well to be blunt there are quite a few people who just are not that great at PVP (not trying to be rude) but they rely on those proc sets to get kills and it just turns into a proc vs proc fight which gets really annoying

    Ravenwatch has been amazing and I will not be going back to proc campaigns when you fight people in No proc and they beat you you just gotta give the player the nod and be like well I got whooped and gotta work on improving vs being in grey host and look at your death recap it’s always vicious death, overload or plague

    Options
  • berunhieyes
    berunhieyes
    ✭✭✭
    I've played the game for a little under 2 years now and be under no illusion and this is on both EU and NA severs (xbox) That U50's is where core groups of the same people dominate the maps and have done so for years. It is not because of Plaguebreak (or any other proc set) but because of changing into gold sets of armour/weapons every 2 - 4 lvls, At the very least changing into a golded out weapon every 5 levels will still give an unfair advantage providing you have skill to back it up.

    Someone with little skill or just tipping their toes into pvp has no chance, They are either devoured and ejected or manage to get into one of these groups and just becomes a meat shield. The problems in U50's are a lot deeper than just a few proc sets and removing the proc sets will solve nothing imo.

    The only way I can think of to fix this is to make alliance rank account wide similar to champion points and make the beginner campaign based on alliance rank instead of character level. It seems to me that PVP success is much more dependent on PVP skill/experience than on the level of your equipment. That way you wouldn't have Grand Warlords romping over newbies.

    I don't know what this would do to the population if the people who keep rolling new characters are the ones mainly keeping the U50 campaign active.
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.