Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Multi-Rider Mount help

Legoless
Legoless
✭✭✭✭
Since there's no in-game tutorial:

How does a player ride as passenger?

Is it possible to tell your Companion not to ride as passenger?

Do you need to dismiss your Companion if you want a player to ride with you?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 8, 2022 1:02AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question 1: use the interaction wheel (like the one you initiate trading)

question 2: settings, you can choose if companion rides their own mount or rides with you

question 3: not sure, but i assume a player takes precedence over the companion if the player wants to ride with you
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to ride as a passenger, hold down the player interaction key (PC default key: "F") and select "Ride Mount".

To make sure your Companion doesn't ride on the mount, head to Gameplay Settings and change the "Companion Passenger Preference" to "Never" or "Not in group", which also removes the need to dismiss them.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post