Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax, we have to talk. ESO Plus.

GQManOfTheYear
GQManOfTheYear
✭✭✭
I intentionally waited until 7am my time for the store to refresh with new items and one of the items you listed in the store was providing a week free of ESO Plus. We all agree that the only reason you're providing ESO Plus free for a week (which isn't the first time it's been done, btw) is to try and lure people into subscribing for it. People like myself have been suggesting to you ways in which you can make ESO Plus more marketable but you ignore a lot of us as though we don't want to see this community flourish with new blood, including both hardcore AND casuals. The storage space is not sufficient enough to warrant paying $15/month. And to be honest, it's both an insult and feels like a carnival prize after you've spent $200 to win a $4 plush toy. That doesn't get me excited to subscribe. "Hey guys, you see this storage space that should be in the base game for free, yea, we'll give it to you if you just subscribe for $15/month. The concept is offensive. There's a reason why I stopped subscribing and why you're advertising it for free.

People over the years, including myself, have offered you original and INGENIOUS suggestions on how you can actually develop and improve ESO Plus.

One of my ideas was to get rid of crown crates (because it's gambling and unethical) and instead, create a tiered ESO Plus membership.

For example:

Tier 1: $10/month Access to early content and DLCs

Tier 2: $15/month Access to early and later content and DLCs (current ESO+)

Tier 3: $20/month Access to all content and DLCs, PLUS every month the rewards either rotate (you get one furniture piece, one skin or costume/outfit, one emote or personality, one non-combat pet, one mount (including radiant apex)) OR the rewards are random (from those mentioned above) BUT (to kill the gambling aspect) you are guaranteed one mount every 4 months you remain subscribed (with a further guarantee of a radiant apex mount on your 12th month). And if you sub to the yearly 12-month plan, you are guaranteed a second radiant apex mount.

That's $139.99 GUARANTEED money. More people would subscribe to this monetization model (especially when you show pictures of some of your previous apex mounts) than they would with your current flabby ESO Plus program that exploits low storage space in the base game.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally feel that when you choose to subscribe, the crowns you get monthly should be enough to buy at least one arms pack, one mount, one costume a month.. plus a house at least once or twice a year.

You don't get close to enough crowns from ESO plus to do this.. not to mention name changes race changes etc.

I think that if you pay for a sub, you shouldn't be forced to pay more cash for mount skins, exclusive homes, costumes etc.