Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Australian's all let us rejoice for our ping is?

kijima
kijima
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I'd love to hear from you what your ping is when using the US server.
Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
Kijima - AD DK Derps
Annure - AD NB Derps
Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Stormrage1371
    so is there a command that shows your ping?
  • Sinhalis
    Sinhalis
    ✭✭✭
    There is no in game latency indicator as of yet. However, you could use the windows performance monitor to get an approximate measure

•press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open the task-manager, then open the Performance Tab and click the Resource Monitor-button
    •In the Resource Monitor, open the Network-tab, then tick ESO.exe
    •Click TCP Connections below, and read the number written under Latency (ms)
  • meowmixnix
    I second this request
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinhalis has very well explained how you can do this. (thanks Sinhalis)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• lurl
    lurl
    Soul Shriven
    230-210 is my range
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know my ping but so far I haven't seen any lag, I live in Melbourne
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to work out how to get the pings but I see a whole lot of eso.exe and get stuck at that point.

But anyway, I stopped playing the game becaue the lag is unplayable for me. I am with Telstra and live in the country, so have not choice to get anybody else. Their internet has been pretty good but maybe they sold too many lines again for this area.
    I also ordered a new computer and am desperately awaiting its arrival. However, have been able to play any game without problem with my old computer till now :(
  • Disodium
    Disodium
    The servers are in the US or Europe does not really matter who you go with on our rock mate.. the latency will still be crap, being rural it may also be worse depending on your type of connection also.
    Sith Legion - An Australian easy going/relaxed 18+ gaming community.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    US server is a little faster, expect a 300-500 ping from Europe usually. :(

I'm also with Telstra in a semi-rural area, just over 1hr south east of Melbourne but I'm not having any real lag.

Shame, hope you get it sorted.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    US server is a little faster, expect a 300-500 ping from Europe usually. :(

Keep in mind that while the US and EU servers are separate, they are both currently physically located in the US, sitting next to each other.

They will only move the EU server to an EU datacenter some time after launch.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very true.

I've seen enough posts on the old forum with people spewing buckets about that.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Tomohr
    Tomohr
    It takes 2-10 seconds for me to cast spells or talk to npc's.. Pretty much no point playing, so lame!
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    160-200 kbps, Japan-> NA server
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Dovahkin
    Dovahkin
    300-500 west aus with spikes over that often...resulting in death most times
  • spazyloves2raverwb17_ESO
    240-310 Melb AUS 5-10s delays in some areas not lagging in ventrilo or any other game but eso.
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    From Sydney I get no noticable lag, game runs very well. If I do lag its when everyone else in the zone does too. Not going to check my ping because I dont want to know!
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this is unaccetable for a game with subscription, this game has a very bad latency, I m unhappy.
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on April 11, 2014 1:45PM
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an Aussie I haven't bothered checking as I don't have any problems.
    It is a little harsh to blame the game for your latency though.
    It may be the way your ISP routes your traffic to the destination.
    Keeping in mind this is a new game and therefore not exactly optimised by your ISP.
    If you continue to experience unacceptable lag, I would suggest performing traceroute to the host and if irregularities are seen then post it in you ISPs forum in Whirlpool ( http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ ) and ask a mod to see if they can investigate.
    Edited by BrassRazoo on April 11, 2014 1:54PM
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    my ping is 330-350. i log in and get hit with massive delay, i cant do anything.

im just sitting here watching my 30 free days go to waste.
    and the eso support team have done *** all to help me. they cant even freeze my subscription so its not being wasted.
  • AlchemyDevil
    AlchemyDevil
    ✭✭✭
    250 - 260 on average, Tasmania. Only suffer lag when it's peak time in the USA, but I don't think it's extra lag from this end, more likely the servers are struggling with the heavy user load.
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    holy crap guys i found this australian website http://www.battleping.com/info.php

and my god its amazing im using the free trial, and its fixed my massive delay problems and i now get 178 ping on a LA server. no more delay and lagg spikes :D
  • Dovahkin
    Dovahkin
    i tried it ping is same before and after trialling it from WA :( guess i miss out
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 270 ms for myself, which is comparable to other MMOs. From the central coast, NSW.

It is more noticeable playing ESO though than others, due to the reactive nature of combat here I guess. But like anything, with time you can get use to it, to a degree. Just means we need to keep those reaction times sharp! :wink:
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    I know it sucks, but unfortunately you guys probably aren't important enough or big enough as a revenue stream to justify your own server at this point in time. Maybe in the future though.
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    guys when you use battleping select west coast 1 server, i get 171 ping, and its no lagg at all

to use just select the server, hit game connection, then it will say connected, then when you start up eso, it should say game detected. that means its working
  • Dovahkin
    Dovahkin
    i ping at 240 for battleping (AUs west coast) ill see if it helps my dc issue
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    try some other servers, you might get better ping
  • Andy371
    Andy371
    I'm in Melbourne with Telstra and find I get rather varied results.
    Sometimes I get a really smooth experience no matter what i'm doing in game, then some days for hours at a time I will get some really annoying lag particularly during combat.
    Right now im getting about 270-310 on US server.
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    :Dhttp://puu.sh/8eBAW.png im gonna buy it so i dont get the disconnects every 20 mins from trial
    Edited by mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO on April 19, 2014 6:04AM