The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fix Random DPS queue times

Dragkiris
Dragkiris
✭✭✭
In an effort to fix DPS queue times I think they should encourage more people to fake tank or heal.

For example give 3x the xp or the transmutes if you queue as tank without a taunt and in all light armor. Maybe 2x if you queue as a healer with no group heal. I dont fake role because I'm a man of my word (if I queue for DPS, i DPS), but something needs to be done about the queue times.

Another way would be to enforce a certain competency on the DPS. Too many times I heal or tank a dungeon and the DPS are doing a combined 15k, with my optimized buffs. There should be a minimum dummy requirement of something like 70k (you can do this on a level 10 in white crafted gear) to be able to queue as DPS
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont you think it would make more sense to give extra rewards for queing as tank WITH a taunt? You get more people queing as tank and you get less fake tanks.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queuing for a random dungeon does not mean you have to queue with random players, form your own group and go for it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join some friendly and active guild ask in guild chat: anybody up for an RND.
    Standard here is that you queue for your role and if you lack tanks or healers some fake.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragkiris wrote: »
    In an effort to fix DPS queue times I think they should encourage more people to fake tank or heal.

For example give 3x the xp or the transmutes if you queue as tank without a taunt and in all light armor. Maybe 2x if you queue as a healer with no group heal. I dont fake role because I'm a man of my word (if I queue for DPS, i DPS), but something needs to be done about the queue times.

Another way would be to enforce a certain competency on the DPS. Too many times I heal or tank a dungeon and the DPS are doing a combined 15k, with my optimized buffs. There should be a minimum dummy requirement of something like 70k (you can do this on a level 10 in white crafted gear) to be able to queue as DPS

70K is overkill maybe if we were talking about a damage dealer wanting to join a trial run, 20 - 30K from each damage dealer is more than enough for dungeons, I would be happy enough if most DPS I get when tanking could do that much.

If you want a faster queue time form a group from your guild or zone chat with like minded people.

Just slapping higher rewards on one role does might help queue times but won't mean much if the group actually needed a tank in the dungeon your group ends up in making the run take a lot longer than it needed to assuming people don't lose patience and leave or you have to find replacements.

There are two main types of fake tanks: high DPS players who know they can carry a dungeon and want a faster queue time and low DPS players who just want to cut the line and be carried, which do you think would be more likely to fake role on mass if you increased the reward.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't think it's good to encourage fakers. There's enough of them as is.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tanks often mean my high-level healer has to spend time-fighting trash mobs when I could be healing. Or spending time keeping a fake tank alive instead of focusing on the DPS. Fake tanks make my job harder. I think they should be booted and have a 30-minute timeout instead of the usual 15 to discourage the fakes. To be clear a low-level tank-in-training deserves and has my full support. People need a safe space to learn. Nope, the selfish gits who fake queue to cut wait time that's who needs to go.
    PS5/NA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake tanks often mean my high-level healer has to spend time-fighting trash mobs when I could be healing. Or spending time keeping a fake tank alive instead of focusing on the DPS. Fake tanks make my job harder. I think they should be booted and have a 30-minute timeout instead of the usual 15 to discourage the fakes. To be clear a low-level tank-in-training deserves and has my full support. People need a safe space to learn. Nope, the selfish gits who fake queue to cut wait time that's who needs to go.

As a fellow healer if the obviously fake Tank refuses to slot a taunt after I ask him to I just leave. It’s a completely unenjoyable experience to have the boss and adds run rough shot all over the healer and the frequently under level 50 dps in my RND because he refuses to do the job that he queued for by maintaining and controlling aggro. If he slots a taunt and tanks I’ll stay but not if he just wants to skip the queue and play as a dps