The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Access Bleakrock

Jokopoko
Jokopoko
Soul Shriven
It appears that we can no longer access Bleakrock Isle, newly created characters arrive in Davorns watch.

Is there a solution for this?
  • Kurn
    Kurn
    Yes but you can go back to Bleakrock by talking to an NPC near the docks on the sand shore. I certainly did. I have no desire to skip it.
  • Arcane_Vengeance
    They changed this during the last beta. We could go back & do all of the quests/content. It was based on player feedback about being limited to a smaller space & not being able to continue/meet w/friends/do alternative paths to leveling w/out doing all of the quests.

Personally, I agree with Kurn. I'm doing to be doing everything little thing I can get my player to do :D, 'cause, hello, it's ESO w/even more possibilities now that it's online!! Super excited about not having to wait anymore!! (insert stick figure cartwheeling here <3 )
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, they approached it the wrong way. What they should've done is to put you on Bleakrock but having the first quest giver giving you the option to skip it. It would have made a lot more sense than to send you past it and then offer you a way to go back... I've seen that a lot of people have already missed the quest giver that gives the quest to go back.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • netodec
    netodec
    I agree. The way it is now is very awkward.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Uhm, wrong thread. *blushes*
    Edited by Jirki88 on March 30, 2014 10:56PM
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the storyline might appear messed up a bit since you're not even supposed to go to Davon's Watch right away, even after Bleakrock.
  • Yamirkr
    Yamirkr
    Some say you will get the quest from Riurik, but he doesn't have any quests. No idea how to get the starting quest. I can go there because of a Fighters Guild quest. But cant find the "A beginning at Bleakrock" quest that you're supposed to get
  • Aryth
    Aryth
    Yeah, I had a consistency caused by this. I talked to Holgunn when I was initially at Davon's Watch. Then, after leaving Dhalmora, you have to talk to him again and he won't be where he's supposed to be. You have to find him manually (if you can) or abandon the quest.
  • fefnir3284
    i like it the way it is. someone helps you takes you to a town that has the resources to heal you, and you can opt to go back and help them. its perfect do more of this
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a pretty messy kludge thing to do. Not a good sign of things to come.

Since all they did was change where you start and do one quick messy npc nearby to lead you on (you don't even start with a quest, which is pretty poor - some players will be bound to miss the entire island due to this).

Plus it just makes zero sense for the story, since everyone in bleakrock still knows who you are and refers to you as someone who washed up on their beach.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jokopoko wrote: »
    It appears that we can no longer access Bleakrock Isle, newly created characters arrive in Davorns watch.

The first quest giver you see, either in the building you wake up in or the first one you see after you leave, gives you the quest to go there.

I'm not sure how you missed it.

Edited by KerinKor on March 31, 2014 11:22AM
  • f.chainlessnrb19_ESO
    My problem is that I went back to Bleakrock for an old quest and now I cant get on a boat off the island, see a white quest icon at the docks but no npc to take a voyage... stuck =/

Did I miss something ?
    Edited by f.chainlessnrb19_ESO on March 31, 2014 1:05PM
  • pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Jokopoko wrote: »

The first quest giver you see, either in the building you wake up in or the first one you see after you leave, gives you the quest to go there.

I'm not sure how you missed it.

For people who were unaware that there was initially a starter Island and like to explore the area before accepting quests... It's easy to miss.

• Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    My problem is that I went back to Bleakrock for an old quest and now I cant get on a boat off the island, see a white quest icon at the docks but no npc to take a voyage... stuck =/

Did I miss something ?

Did you unlock the wayshrine back in your starting city? If you did you can just wayshrine back and forth.
  • f.chainlessnrb19_ESO
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »

Did I miss something ?

Did you unlock the wayshrine back in your starting city? If you did you can just wayshrine back and forth.

Ahh tyvm!, that worked.
    Still dont know what the problem was and why no travel at the bleakrock doks but I'm out of there :)