Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[BUG?? or...] Caluurion's jewelry set drop rate

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
[BUG?? or...] Caluurion jewelry set drop rate
I've been running Fang lair dungeon more than almost 80 times.
keep doing this 1 month, but can't get Caluurion's set ring".

Consider number of other 2 set weapon and jewelry, then drop rate is very rare.
I knew it. But, I've already got other 2 set jewelry so many many many times through the running.
Well, this is very strange. Why same item drop so many times?

Is Caluurion's set jewelry really equal drop rate?
What is your feeling folks?

(Ah, by the way. Second boss of Fang Lair is bugged. That thing will disappear suddenly,
If you try to attack it immediately after NPS spoke.)
Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on July 6, 2022 5:13PM
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you are looking for your first ring: Read up on curated item drops and the stickebook. Make sure to bind any set items you get immediately (use BindAll addon on PC). At the very least deconstruct them after the dungeon. Do NOT give them away to other players unless already in stickerbook and (I'm guessing, cause I never do this) do NOT sell them for gold to an NPC.

On the other hand, if you got one ring already and are holding out for another, then the curation system actually works against you. You only have a chance at a second ring after you have farmed every other possible item. The exception is you might get a second one from looting chests or maybe a random mob drop, but the chances are small and I'm not sure Fang Lair has random set item drops from mobs. The normal way to create additional rings, these days, is of course via reconstruction at a transmute station.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To add: Weapons and jewelry typically only drop from the last boss in dungeons and such is the case with Fang Lair. In other words you need to run the whole dungeon, ideally with friends who may trade the ring with you, if they get it. In the absence of such friends, the loot log addon on PC will show you drops other players got. Ask them, if you see they got the ring. They may want it for themselves, but you'd be surprised how many people just deconstruct stuff and don't even think to trade, unless you prod them for a specific item that you know they got. Immediately. Before they have time to port out to a city and decon their stuff.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Assuming you are looking for your first ring: Read up on curated item drops and the stickebook. Make sure to bind any set items you get immediately (use BindAll addon on PC). At the very least deconstruct them after the dungeon. Do NOT give them away to other players unless already in stickerbook and (I'm guessing, cause I never do this) do NOT sell them for gold to an NPC.

On the other hand, if you got one ring already and are holding out for another, then the curation system actually works against you. You only have a chance at a second ring after you have farmed every other possible item. The exception is you might get a second one from looting chests or maybe a random mob drop, but the chances are small and I'm not sure Fang Lair has random set item drops from mobs. The normal way to create additional rings, these days, is of course via reconstruction at a transmute station.

Thanks for replying. I give up farming second ring at the dungeon.
    I copied it at the my transmutation work bench.

"On the other hand, if you got one ring already and are holding out for another,
    then the curation system actually works against you."

--> Thanks for interesting information.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.