Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Trade with Guild Traders from Other Guilds"

amapola76
amapola76
✭✭✭✭✭
What exactly does this mean? The obvious guess was "buy something from another guild's trader," but I tried that and it did not work to complete the daily Zenithar quest.

We can't sell to another guild's trader, so... what could this possibly be?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 4, 2022 1:50AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to spend at least 5000 gold altogether.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Seriously?

I believe you, but that's absolutely ridiculous.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    Seriously?

It's in the quest hints - that you only see if you choose that one as your active quest.
    In my opinion, it would have been better to include it clearly in the quest objectives.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

It's in the quest hints - that you only see if you choose that one as your active quest.
    In my opinion, it would have been better to include it clearly in the quest objectives.

I mean, aside from the information being hard to find, I'm saying it's inherently ridiculous. Why would I ever spend $5000 gold PER DAY at a trader so that I can complete a daily quest and get a box that contains maybe 200 gold's worth of items?

I'm just glad I maxed out my tickets and carried over from the last event.
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm picking up inexpensive recipes and patterns from other guilds to complete this objective. Of course, you could also level up a champion point or dig up an antiquity (I think those are the other options).
    Campos de oro
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, aside from the information being hard to find, I'm saying it's inherently ridiculous. Why would I ever spend $5000 gold PER DAY at a trader so that I can complete a daily quest and get a box that contains maybe 200 gold's worth of items?

It really only makes sense if you had already planned to buy something (motifs, furniture,...), event or not.

You can still get event tickets by leveling up, excavating one antiquity or one treasure chest (only the ones you need a treasure map for, though).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously?

I agree that the guild purchase doesn't make sense. I do the daily but choose the antiquity or if I have a map the treasure chest option as both can be done quickly and pay me for the event tickets as opposed to me paying for the event tickets.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying something from guild traders is the "fastest" option. You can also gain a level/cp or open overland chest for that task.
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with quest like that. U have diffrent options. If u dont like spending gold then go for a diffrent task. I spend gold on traders every day so i get this quest for "free" and im rly happy that this is an option.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also open any overland, dolmen or dug up chests. Strongboxes also count as "dug up" chests. Any chest will work for the daily as far as I know (haven't checked Thieves Troves).
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, be synergistic about it - buy 5000g of treasure maps the first day, then use the maps on the following days to get the "dig up a chest" option. :#

(disclaimer - I've no idea what treasure maps go for these days. :D )

edit: or spend 5k on the motif pages you need to complete some master writs you have in your bank
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 2, 2022 7:26PM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still get event tickets by leveling up, excavating one antiquity or one treasure chest (only the ones you need a treasure map for, though).

Ordinary treasure chests (without a map) are perfectly fine. No need to look for or buy a map.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten treasure maps in the boxes fairly often, so that can help sustain through the event.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This event is a slap in the face to those of us who do not join guilds.

I am a Grandmaster crafter, experienced enough to know you don't throw gold mats to get a bounty worth 300 gold.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is a slap in the face to those of us who do not join guilds.

I am a Grandmaster crafter, experienced enough to know you don't throw gold mats to get a bounty worth 300 gold.

There are plenty of non-guild activities that give you everything in this event.

How is it a "slap in the face" ?
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just find and loot a chest. It's the easiest and no cost option.

When I first read that I thought "excavate" meant that it's only a chest from a map but no, it's any chest.
    Edited by Iselin on July 3, 2022 1:33AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm picking up inexpensive recipes and patterns from other guilds to complete this objective. Of course, you could also level up a champion point or dig up an antiquity (I think those are the other options).
    This, easiest is just to got to an small area an dig an antiquity, or one you have in the list.
    Or do an treasure chest.
    But fat cats has another option who is nice
    BL82oHC.gif

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It really only makes sense if you had already planned to buy something (motifs, furniture,...), event or not.

Any chest works. I’ve completed the quest with an overland chest and a dolmen reward chest.

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably good to use the 5000 gold purchase as a last minute completion if you say have less than a few minutes left to get it before the next rollover.
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?

I don't have to go out of my way to complete the quest. Just run over to the traders in Belkarth buy 5k worth of something and done. I buy something I need or can flip. But I often buy from traders and I don't feel 5k is really much gold at all. Plus I do it more for the tickets than the box. If you were wondering why someone would do that, there is my reason.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

It's thematically relevant since it involves a trade, plus this event imo is geared around helping gold inflation by encouraging players to spend gold via all the discounts offered etc. This is the easiest objective from the three but the antiquity one is pretty easy too, just do base zone leads if you don't have any other leads found, unearth the antiquity and voila.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was actually the first thing I tried to do, since I could always find a recipe or furnishing plan that I'd like to add to my main's knowledge-base.
    However, the recipe I purchased was apparently under 5000gp, because it didn't satisfy the quest, which left me with the same question the OP asked..
    (I don't remember the recipe's cost, and I didn't know about the 5000gp threshold until seeing your post.)

So, I've been clearing the glut of Treasure Maps I have in my inventory, instead.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I've found the spending $5000 gold to be the best for me. I don't do PvP and don't have many pieces of the newer sets so just take a quick trip to the nearby guild traders, buy a piece or two for the sticker book and done.
    • vivisectvib16_ESO
      vivisectvib16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I mean, aside from the information being hard to find,

It's literally right underneath the quest step on your screen.
    • kringled_1
      kringled_1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You can also open any overland, dolmen or dug up chests. Strongboxes also count as "dug up" chests. Any chest will work for the daily as far as I know (haven't checked Thieves Troves).

I just opened a thieves trove and it completed the quest, so looks that that also counts.
    • amapola76
      amapola76
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It's literally not, but thanks, that was a SUPER helpful insight. /s
    • EozZoe1989
      EozZoe1989
      ✭✭✭
      in some old game i played in past there was the idea and was good one too and it was good to do it in the game it worked well.. the idea and in game shop was to be able to set up your own shop...
      sit on ground.. and sell.. like npc.. but your own..toon can sell to people
      the other ideas would be to have one guild selling area also .. a board.. instead always finding the guild trader its just a bord.. this would help the over crowding of the game less npcs and more group content to be added lol
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

On playstation it shows the hint under the quest if you have them showing on your screen, maybe it doesnt on pc, not sure
      Soupy twist
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fizl101 wrote: »

On playstation it shows the hint under the quest if you have them showing on your screen, maybe it doesnt on pc, not sure

It does on PC as well.

Just has to be the active quest on your tracker.

No add-ons required.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      66,110 achievement points
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      So, I've been clearing the glut of Treasure Maps I have in my inventory, instead.

So I went with the guild trader option this morning, and made sure that the recipe I purchased was more than 5000gp, and it worked.

Which now leaves me saddled with having to make a DECISION about which task I want to complete for this daily going forward...
      do I clean-out the treasure maps in my inventory, or do I shop for stuff?
      SUCH a hard life.
        PC/NA Warden Main