Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are High Rock Spellsword Pages limited to one per day?

mbeetley_ESO
mbeetley_ESO
✭✭✭
I've done the event on two platforms (PCNA and XBNA) and in both cases I've gotten just one page of the High Rock Spellsword outfit. My wife has experienced the same. I know there was a claim in an early message that the pages only came from the gold boxes, but I can guarantee that's false as my first page on XBNA was from a purple box that I got from doing a daily crafting writ. What I'm wondering is, has anyone gotten more than one page today? Can anyone say that more than one can drop in a day even if it's rare?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2022 3:17AM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say for certain as rng is rng, but I opened ~500 purple boxes today as I worked through my backlog of master writs. I also only got the one outfit page. I'd say it's a good bet.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And to be clear, we both did at least 20 purple boxes and we got just one page each. On some platforms it was 30 pages or so. So it's not like we just did a few boxes and got one page; in a couple of cases we got a page in the first box, in a couple it was 10 or 20 in.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't ZOS just be honest about these things for once. Oh right, because they don't value their customers' time, my bad.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Why can't ZOS just be honest about these things for once. Oh right, because they don't value their customers' time, my bad.

Where exactly did they say you could get more than one a day?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Ever heard of "lying by omission"? By not telling us there is a cooldown they invite us to try and get more than one page. Either they should tell us "only one page per day per account" or "you have a small chance of getting more than one page per day" but not nothing and then keeping quiet about a cooldown.
    Within a parcel box, there is a chance to acquire the following rewards for your efforts:
    • A tradeable outfit style page for the new High Rock Spellsword armor
    • [...]

That's all they said. Because all of the other things listed can be received repeatedly, you would expect to be able to get pages repeatedly. This doesn't seem to be the case and we know that to be the case already with a lot of motifs they've added and there too they never confirmed that this is the case but we have evidence to back that up. When I heard that someone got around 500 boxes and only got one page this event, then that already sounds very suspicious in my ears.

Edit: Oh and before I forget, this behavior seems fitting for an event where "Hard Work is rewarded". ;)
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 1, 2022 3:00AM
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭

They didn't expressly say you could get more than one per day. However, they listed the pages among a number of other things that do drop repeatedly. At the very least, it's uncertain. And I would be inclined to agree with Ratzkifal that it is misleading if the pages can't drop more than once a day. I mean, I suppose if the chance decreases after your first page it's not technically false, but it's not exactly according to Hoyle either. In any case, I'd still love to hear it if anyone gets more than one page in a single day (and, ideally, not after 20 hours).
    Edited by mbeetley_ESO on July 1, 2022 3:09AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious why you are moving it here. How is this not a general comment about an event?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is a general discussion thread. Nobody is in need of help here.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked through 900 Master Writs, got one page from a purple box. I will assume it's one page a day at this point.
    PC-EU
  • Felkara
    Felkara
    ✭✭
    I only got one page and did about 40 master writs. Definitely would have stopped after getting one had I known... seems odd to limit a style page to that extent.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felkara wrote: »
    I only got one page and did about 40 master writs. Definitely would have stopped after getting one had I known... seems odd to limit a style page to that extent.

Especially if it's an event style page, considering events are only on for a limited time and people are obviously going to try and grind if there is something worth grinding for. Hard work is supposedly being rewarded after all.
    If I put my tin foil hat on, I would say that not communicating this is to intentionally frustrate players who have been grinding so that they give in and buy the pages with event tickets because they think if the odds of getting a page are so low they'll never get it done by the end of the event...
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 1, 2022 4:56AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why it's in "players helping players" category but anyways it's ironic for a Zenithar event where you should be rewarded for work and not spending irl cash on tickets because amount of in-game ones isn't enough to do necessary purchases. Stuff like this makes me hate current events more than what we previously had - just celebrations instead of grindfests with fairly limited amount of currency for some kind of a reward.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i did nearly 150 master writs yesterday and only got 1 page. i think there is a cooldown or resets each day.

would have been nice to know

edit: why is this under "players helping players"?
    Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on July 1, 2022 12:12PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why it's in "players helping players" category but anyways it's ironic for a Zenithar event where you should be rewarded for work and not spending irl cash on tickets because amount of in-game ones isn't enough to do necessary purchases. Stuff like this makes me hate current events more than what we previously had - just celebrations instead of grindfests with fairly limited amount of currency for some kind of a reward.

9t6ql1w4s7cu.png

... The irony is rather thick here ;)
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all styles and motifs have cooldowns in the game. The same is true for things like world boss farmable motifs. Generally it's 20 hours. So if you get an ivory brigade motif for example change zone for the next wb you do.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all styles and motifs have cooldowns in the game. The same is true for things like world boss farmable motifs. Generally it's 20 hours. So if you get an ivory brigade motif for example change zone for the next wb you do.

Cooldown, yes, but it's not "generally 20hours". Most motifs have a cooldown of 8 minutes. Also I don't actually think it's a 20hour basis but rather resets with the dailies reset. Wayward Guardian is the first motif that worked this way, and that's fine because you can always do another of those dailies tomorrow - you'll get it eventually.
    But a time-limited event where "hard work is being rewarded" should not have a cooldown like that!
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 8, 2022 10:55AM