The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zeal of Zenithar chest drops

• moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I had only a couple of boxes, around 10ish or so from the starter quest and dailies.
    No master writs.

These were the most valuable drops:

1 research scroll
    1 event motif page (chest piece)
    2 purple keys

There might have been gold mats but I don´t remember.

From what y´all testet with a gazillian writs I don´t think I will put much effort into getting boxes and just carry on with dailies. I was mostly looking forward to this event for the gold discount on houses anyway.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    The motif style items are the mateirals to craft the motif styles, not the actual motifs themselves and can confirm that the matierals are dropping.

People get confused about that during every event that rewards the style mats. It seems kind of self-evident given the context of being listed along with other crafting mats-- "Crafting materials, provisioning ingredients, alchemy reagents, runestones, or a motif style item"-- and by saying "item" rather than "page," but people still get confused. I don't know any other way it can be said that doesn't take more words, such as "style materials used for crafting motif styles."

Why I would want motif style materials? I prefer motif pages. Hope they do a hotfix to make them drop.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere around 50 boxes. Got, one style page, one motif, and junk.

Had fun with the friends though. So while the time wasn't a loss exactly. The rewards were subpar.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth are you guys doing over 1k master writs so fast?? So far I only managed to do 120ish. (No add-ons)

Did get the event outfit page each day(2 so far), as well as my event tickets. Got a few research scrolls, some IC keys, and one golden mat(grain). So those are dropping. And I use every recipe and design my character did not learn yet, destroying the rest. The thing I love most about these boxes though, are the companion gears. Haven't gotten anything to actually use yet, but hoping I will soon.

But I never got a survey, motif page, or gold tier booster. Not even sure what a gold tier booster is.

PS: I hate it when style pages are capped to one per day.
    PPS: We need a setting to auto-destroy any newly picked up treasure maps... my god those are awful!
    PPPS: The companion gear from the boxes should have had a minimum of blue quality. To make them more useful.
    Edited by Sarannah on July 1, 2022 8:11PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seen a lot of gold repair kits so far
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Side note you are unable to launder the gold repair kit which makes using and storing them much harder then it should
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten better rewards from ToT coffers.
    PS5/NA
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am doing like 40+ boxes a day and also think style pages are on a cooldown like once a day.
    No purples during all 3 days. A ton of blue provisioning recipes. Feed us, Seymour! B)
    PC EU
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I can't say if it was from a box from a quest, a writ, or whatnot (if that matters) but i for certain got "Style Page:High Rock Spellsword Jerkin" from one of my boxes. I did maybe 25-30 writs i had saved up.

And just now i logged in and did a jewelcrafting normal daily, got a box and had the Shoes drop from it.

Third edit, just got shoulders and 2 treasure maps today from 5-6 more boxes.
    Edited by everseeing_njpreub18_ESO on July 2, 2022 4:42PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    How on earth are you guys doing over 1k master writs so fast?? So far I only managed to do 120ish. (No add-ons)

Addons :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    The motif style items are the mateirals to craft the motif styles, not the actual motifs themselves and can confirm that the matierals are dropping.

People get confused about that during every event that rewards the style mats. It seems kind of self-evident given the context of being listed along with other crafting mats-- "Crafting materials, provisioning ingredients, alchemy reagents, runestones, or a motif style item"-- and by saying "item" rather than "page," but people still get confused. I don't know any other way it can be said that doesn't take more words, such as "style materials used for crafting motif styles."

Why I would want motif style materials? I prefer motif pages. Hope they do a hotfix to make them drop.

I'm not sure whether there's anything to "fix" as far as what is dropping.

Some people do like to craft gear that's in a particular style, so that's part of why anyone would want motif style mats.

And it's my understanding that there are "recipes" for furnishings which can require large amounts of specific style mats, and that the mats don't simply drop in a zone's resource nodes the way specific style mats do in older DLC zones like Craglorn, Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, the Gold Coast, and Vvardenfell, but must instead be obtained through a zone's daily quest rewards, which don't contain the style mats as frequently or in as much quantity as furnishings crafters would like-- so that's another possible reason why anyone would want certain motif style mats.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it if event rewards are not super exciting because then it's less pressure to farm, and I can just get my event tickets and stop there if I don't have time/inclination to do any more event-related activities. I did a few master writs I had saved on the first day, and the best reward was a page from the new style outfit. The pouches with telvar were nice too, if someone gets a lot of these boxes they'll get a nice telvar accumulation.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I have two identically named, non stacking keys on one character right now. Neither was stolen.

I have a key which came on a golden container not stacking with the same-name keys which came from purple containers, dunno why.

That's probably true for me as well, but it's a silly reason for them not to stack. (of course, it's piled into the other silly things like the keys being character bound and not launderable).