Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mount speed

Kurague
Kurague
✭✭✭
So, I've been upgrading my mount speed and I noticed I sometimes am uncomfortable with the speed. When you have to traverse a big field or whatever the speed is fine, you can go full sonic and it's alright...But when I'm in more cramped spaces and I can't press shift cause I'll faceplank against a wall continuously so I have to walk with the mount I find it a bit annoying.

Wouldn't it be cool to have some sort of speed up and speed down key? Maybe it's just me, idono.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if the "walk" method works with mounts, that would potentially make them go slower

you normally have 2 base movements: walk and run, run is what is normally toggled on all the time for most people

sprint is the next step after running

i do not know though if mounts have a 'walk" mode though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Walk works with mounts, i often mount up and "walk" around when I'm in areas i don't know, to slow down and enjoy the exploration. Feels very RP for me.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i had to remove mount speed cp. Was to fast
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohh that's looks interesting, I'm just gonna go over here. Right. Over. The. Cliff. Resurrect here or at the nearest wayshrine?
  • chattygeekHD
    chattygeekHD
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's easier with a controller as you can just push the stick less.

But I can imagine with keyboard it can be frustrating.
    J'hattee the Geek: A friendly Khajiit Warden, spreading positivity and kindness around the wonderful world of Tamriel and beyond, and investigating everything Nirn and the realms have to offer. This one is always happy to meet new people and talk about all sorts like our old friend M'aiq..

Xbox EU Server.

Web: chattygeekhiddendragon.com
    Linktree: linktr.ee/chattygeekhiddendragon.com
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AoEnwyr wrote: »
    Ohh that's looks interesting, I'm just gonna go over here. Right. Over. The. Cliff. Resurrect here or at the nearest wayshrine?

All the time in Cyrodiil. Take your eyes off the screen for a second and you go over a cliff at full speed.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like my mount to be as fast as possible. If I need to go more slowly, I just get off the mount.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main problem with mounts is that we can't stand still and turn with them, just like we can't stand still on foot and turn.

When we press "S" to step backwards we instead spin and run, or walk. On mounts with max speed it gets really awkward.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked down at my phone for a second and promptly galloped off a waterfall in High Isle yesterday. Incredible view all the way down, I must say. Thankfully I landed in deep water. 10/10 would jump again, if only I could remember where it was.

I frequently have the "too much speed" problem on my crafter, who is built for speed. When crafting a string of master writs I often end up holding block so I can line myself up correctly with the right table. Unfortunately on PC you can't access graduated speed like you can with a controller, but it's just something you get used to.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Kurague
    Kurague
    ✭✭✭
    I looked down at my phone for a second and promptly galloped off a waterfall in High Isle yesterday. Incredible view all the way down, I must say. Thankfully I landed in deep water. 10/10 would jump again, if only I could remember where it was.

I frequently have the "too much speed" problem on my crafter, who is built for speed. When crafting a string of master writs I often end up holding block so I can line myself up correctly with the right table. Unfortunately on PC you can't access graduated speed like you can with a controller, but it's just something you get used to.

That's why it would be better if we have a speed up and speed down key. Like if you press "-", you reduce speed by 10%, if you press "+" you increase it by 10%.