The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuck at 8 Tribute card clues ...

Eliahnus
Eliahnus
✭✭✭
I've got 8 clues all from green Tribute rewards, and after that I got somewhere between 75 and 100 green Tribute rewards but without a single clue.
So I was wondering if the other ones only drop from blue (or purple) Tribute rewards boxes; someone knows ?
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    They drop from all tiers of victory coffers (i.e. anything but the white "defeat" ones).

Drop rate may or may not be better from higher tier ones.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, but I think that's not really an answer to my question.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What achievements do you have?

I'm asking because I unlocked the "Tales of Tribute Master" one, which requires having all card upgrades, even though I don't have all the upgrades yet. And I haven't gotten a card clue since I wrongly got that achievement.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Onajs0
    Onajs0
    Soul Shriven
    It seems that the drop rate for clue cards gets lower and lower until they seem to rarely drop. I have unlocked all the patrons, and I have 7 clue cards left to collect, one of each color except for purple. I've been stuck with 7 clue cards outstanding for several months, and I've been playing Tales of Tribute every day, sometimes on multiple characters. Regarding the green card, Hira's End is the one that I haven't yet unlocked. If that is also the same one you haven't unlocked, I'd expect that one to take quite a while to get given that I still don't have it after opening so many purple awards.
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Same, used to get 1 clue a day usually from green coffers. stuck at 11/17 with no new clues in a week.
  • Onajs0
    Onajs0
    Soul Shriven
    As I mentioned, I've unlocked all the decks, and have these clue cards left to unlock. I'm starting to wonder if they will ever drop. I've been playing Tales of Tribute every day on multiple characters, and haven't gotten a new clue card in several months now. I must admit it's super frustrating. In fact, I'm getting so frustrated that I'm about to call it quits with ToT. These are the missing clue cards:
    Ansei Frandar Hunding Green: Hira's End
    Grandmaster Delmene Hlaalu Gold: Oathman
    Psijic Loremaster Celarus Dark Blue: Prophesy
    Rajhin the Purring Liar Orange: Shadow's Slumber
    Red Eagle King of the Reach Black: Elder Witch
    Saint Pelin Red: Siege Weapon Volley
    Sorcerer King Orgnum Light Blue: Sea Serpent Colossus
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this very same thing a while back. They do seem to diminish the more you have. I came to the conclusion the game does a random choice of which clue you can receive and if you already have the one that comes up in the game queue you just get nothing. It's the only thing that makes sense. At the end I just started playing about three games a day against the proficient NPC and the last one was received finally.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/614889/card-upgrade-clues-not-dropping-or-have-gotten-much-rarer-novice-or-expert-npc-count#latest
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Onajs0 wrote: »
    As I mentioned, I've unlocked all the decks, and have these clue cards left to unlock. I'm starting to wonder if they will ever drop. I've been playing Tales of Tribute every day on multiple characters, and haven't gotten a new clue card in several months now. I must admit it's super frustrating. In fact, I'm getting so frustrated that I'm about to call it quits with ToT. These are the missing clue cards:
    Ansei Frandar Hunding Green: Hira's End
    Grandmaster Delmene Hlaalu Gold: Oathman
    Psijic Loremaster Celarus Dark Blue: Prophesy
    Rajhin the Purring Liar Orange: Shadow's Slumber
    Red Eagle King of the Reach Black: Elder Witch
    Saint Pelin Red: Siege Weapon Volley
    Sorcerer King Orgnum Light Blue: Sea Serpent Colossus

Scan down the achievement list for ToT a bit and these cards are listed as rewards for completing other achievements:

e.g. "Blood Benediction: Use St Pelin's patron power to refresh Agents 10 times in match-made Tales of Tribute games"

gives the Siege Weapon Volley Card and there is one for each of the others.

• rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that I got a lot of clues early on, and finished the rahjiin and orgnum decks long before I even unlocked them.

Then I got no drops for ages.

Then I completed pretty much all the ToT achievements so the only one I was after was card coinosseur to get the houseguest whatshisname. Once I was at that point, with max rank and all quests finished and all decks unlocked, all of the remaining 4-5 cards dropped pretty much consecutively, in a single afternoon.

Luck, or algorithm? I don't know, but I guess that whichever it is levels itself out over time and if you consistently play and meet the other achievements, youll probably unlock those cards a little after you've finished everything else too.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on October 31, 2022 10:48PM
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    NOOO! I had just gotten the Ceporah clue from returning the 3 daily quest in High Isles. Then the game logged me off and rolled back too the previous zone. returned the quest again and got junk.

Does ZOS not want us to get the clues?
    Also the legion arrival clue went back to not collected in eidetic memory already collected it before.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kirgeo wrote: »
    NOOO! I had just gotten the Ceporah clue from returning the 3 daily quest in High Isles. Then the game logged me off and rolled back too the previous zone. returned the quest again and got junk.

Does ZOS not want us to get the clues?
    Also the legion arrival clue went back to not collected in eidetic memory already collected it before.

the eidetic memory is still per character, so not sure how well its tracked across multiple characters

as or the OP i think the reason clues become rarer and rarer is while you may get a clue drop it is probably one you already have and thus doesnt drop it at all, i think there are a few other things in the game which work like this but its all very annoying

i think im still sitting at about 6-8 clues left too from the original batch (maybe about 1/4 remaining)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    I have a single character. Had the card and clue on that, now the memory for it is gone.
    The clue drops are rare to lose in a roll back due to no fault of my own is painful.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just earned one of the druid king fragments. Then the server rolled back. It saved that I had finished the BEST OF FRIENDS achievement, but did not save the fact I earned the soothing druid fragment. Potentially gamebreaking if not fixed.